Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 08:49 PM

9 posts, read 11,878 times

Advertisements

I have found a house that I really like on North Wallace Ave KCMO. It is between 35 and 435, south of NE Barry Rd.

Can anyone tell me anything about this neighborhood? What school district in? Is it a good school district? Is there shopping near by? Nice parks?

Any information and as much as possible would be greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 08:52 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,606,010 times
Sorry, the Northland is the portion of the city I know the least about, hands down. Others may chime in though. Congrats!

Old 05-14-2011, 08:05 AM

6,822 posts, read 11,556,490 times
If it is in the 7400 - 7500 - 7600 blocks of Wallace, that is a nice subdivision (Northbrook). Tons of shopping (and traffic) just northeast of there at Highway 152 and I-35. Super Walmart, Target, Home Depot, Lowes, Kohls, brand new Hy-Vee grocery, etc. etc.

As far as schools, that is kind of tricky because it's right on the line between North Kansas City and Liberty Districts. IMO, both are good districts, Liberty probably a little better than NKC. I would contact BOTH districts with your exact address to what district you would actually be in.

Hodge Park is a large city park at 152 and Shoal Creek Parkway: Hodge Park

Old 05-14-2011, 06:35 PM

doesn't matter now. I found the house on Craig's List and it turned out to be a scam So back to the drawing board.

But thanks for the replies

Old 05-14-2011, 06:54 PM

1,145 posts, read 2,466,389 times
what was the scam just wondering?

Old 05-14-2011, 08:43 PM

9 posts, read 13,036 times
Default house for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by triscat View Post
doesn't matter now. I found the house on Craig's List and it turned out to be a scam So back to the drawing board.

But thanks for the replies
We have a house for sale in Platte City, Missouri. Let me know if you are interested.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:45 AM

I went onto Craigs list and found a house for $700 a month. After emailing the "owners" several times they informed me that they wanted to rent the house to me and wanted me to wire transfer them the deposit and the first months rent. I had never met them or talked to them over the phone. They said that they were in Houston taking care of their mother, but felt "safe" renting the house to me. When my husband drove by the house while he was in KC for his interview he said that there was a for sale sign in the front yard. All of these things combined made me a little suspicious, so I went online and found the tax assessors office and looked up the owners of the house. It was not the same name that was given to me in the email. So I then looked up the address as a real estate listing online and found the realator of the house. I called her and she told me that there had been 3 other people who had called her to ask about the house. She said that it was NOT for rent and that I should contact craigs list and let them know that the ad was fake. Kind of bummed because it was a nice house and the price was good, but at the same time I am very relieved that I took the time to do some investigating and caught it before I was out 1400 bucks

Old 05-17-2011, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keywest05 View Post
We have a house for sale in Platte City, Missouri. Let me know if you are interested.

I appreciate the offer, but I think we want to rent for the first year that we are there. If you decide to rent, let me know. However, I can understand why people hate to rent. We own an apartment building and renting is a pain in the butt.

Old 05-19-2011, 03:25 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
deleted

Old 05-19-2011, 03:27 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triscat View Post
I went onto Craigs list and found a house for $700 a month. After emailing the "owners" several times they informed me that they wanted to rent the house to me and wanted me to wire transfer them the deposit and the first months rent. I had never met them or talked to them over the phone. They said that they were in Houston taking care of their mother, but felt "safe" renting the house to me. When my husband drove by the house while he was in KC for his interview he said that there was a for sale sign in the front yard. All of these things combined made me a little suspicious, so I went online and found the tax assessors office and looked up the owners of the house. It was not the same name that was given to me in the email. So I then looked up the address as a real estate listing online and found the realator of the house. I called her and she told me that there had been 3 other people who had called her to ask about the house. She said that it was NOT for rent and that I should contact craigs list and let them know that the ad was fake. Kind of bummed because it was a nice house and the price was good, but at the same time I am very relieved that I took the time to do some investigating and caught it before I was out 1400 bucks
Please report this scam to the Kansas City Missouri Police Department!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City