Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2007, 07:55 PM

129 posts, read 478,030 times

Advertisements

Hi KC people,
I was wondering how far is it from KC airport to Ozarks. You see I found cheap airline tickets from FL. to KC airport. I will need to rent a car and drive to the Ozark. I am driving with my 11yr. old son. I am nervouse driving by myself. I would like to know how many hours it would take and is it a hard drive. I mean by hills and if it is a main highway or just little roads. Iwill be driving during the day time. I am concern because it is flat in Fl. I do not have the driving experience with very steep hilly roads. I will be comming in mid April. Do you guys have snow or ice onthe road at that time? Sorry that might be a dumb question. But I do not Know. In Fl. WE have one season. HOT!!!
Thanks
Icelady
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2007, 10:42 AM

75 posts, read 353,374 times
No question is ever dumb!!!! In April - it would be very, very rare to have any type of ice. Unheard of almost I'd say. April is usually perfect weather. Mid
70's - if anything maybe some rain showers. Drive time - you can count on atleast 2.5 hrs. maybe a little more. Highway will be interstate, then 4 lane divided pretty much all the way until you reach the Lake of the Ozarks area. Depending on where you need to go - roads in the lake area can get kinda narrow and hilly but traffic would not be high on those roads so you'll be fine. Glad you got a good rate on your tickets. That really helps in todays economy! Have a super trip!

Old 09-09-2007, 02:28 PM

129 posts, read 478,030 times
Thank you. Can not wait to visit. You were very helpfully!!!

Old 09-11-2007, 03:10 PM

356 posts, read 1,179,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondamarchant View Post
No question is ever dumb!!!! In April - it would be very, very rare to have any type of ice. Unheard of almost I'd say. April is usually perfect weather. Mid
70's - if anything maybe some rain showers. Drive time - you can count on atleast 2.5 hrs. maybe a little more. Highway will be interstate, then 4 lane divided pretty much all the way until you reach the Lake of the Ozarks area. Depending on where you need to go - roads in the lake area can get kinda narrow and hilly but traffic would not be high on those roads so you'll be fine. Glad you got a good rate on your tickets. That really helps in todays economy! Have a super trip!
If she is coming from the airport, I would guess the drive is closer to 3.5 to 4 hours depending on the route and destination. I am in the very south of the metro and it is almost 3 hours from here to Osage Beach, depending on how you drive.....

Old 09-11-2007, 07:39 PM

75 posts, read 353,374 times
I came up w/ my time frame due to I just sold my place at the Lake of the Ozarks at the 61.5 mile marker on the East side of the lake and from my home in Lee's Summit - it took me not quite 2 hrs. to get there. I can get from my house to the airport in 35 to 45 minutes. Maybe I'm just a speed demon......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City