Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2007, 08:08 AM

2 posts, read 5,884 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to Weston. Beautiful place!

Where does one shop for groceries in and around Weston? How far away are the grocery stores?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2007, 10:31 AM

15,971 posts, read 9,390,381 times
Platte City has 2 grocery stores. Ten minute drive from Weston.

Old 10-30-2007, 12:52 PM

26,430 posts, read 46,615,085 times
Are you aware that they are building another coal plant right near Weston? It may be beautiful but I would be aware of the polluting industry that is located right nearby. Their are plenty of stores near Platte City. That town is growing fast and is much closer to KCI ariport.

Old 10-30-2007, 05:01 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,390,381 times
Cheryl,

Welcome to Weston. Yes, there's a power plant 8 miles to the north. There has been for years. A new generator is and stack is under construction next door to it. There isn't a damn thing wrong with the community you're moving into.

If you lived in metro KC, chances are you'd be living closer to a power plant considering there are at least 4 in KC alone.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
Cheryl,

Welcome to Weston. Yes, there's a power plant 8 miles to the north. There has been for years. A new generator is and stack is under construction next door to it. There isn't a damn thing wrong with the community you're moving into.

If you lived in metro KC, chances are you'd be living closer to a power plant considering there are at least 4 in KC alone.
Yes, there are a ton of power plants all over the KC metro. KCP&L recently installed "modern" state of the art pollution control devices on some plants in the metro area. (La Cygne) However, their are way to many polluting power plants in the region. Thankfully, more money is being invested in energy efficiency and wind farms. That helps everyone out in the long-term.

Last edited by GraniteStater; 11-11-2007 at 11:22 PM..

Old 11-07-2007, 09:01 AM

2 posts, read 5,884 times
Default Thanks to all of you for your replies...

I've lived in Kansas City for years and years and am looking forward to the move, the change of pace.

As to the power plants, I've come to believe there are going to be risks anywhere one lives in this country. At least it's not nuclear? I know nuclear energy is supposed to be "cleaner" but given the state of our nation today, that word scares me.

Does anyone know if there have been any adverse health issues reported in Weston due to the coal plant?

So, looks like Platte City would be the place to go shopping? Thanks again to everyone.

Being the curious critter that I am, I'll be on my way to the net to search out information about Weston's power plant.

Old 11-07-2007, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl44 View Post
I've lived in Kansas City for years and years and am looking forward to the move, the change of pace.

As to the power plants, I've come to believe there are going to be risks anywhere one lives in this country. At least it's not nuclear? I know nuclear energy is supposed to be "cleaner" but given the state of our nation today, that word scares me.

Does anyone know if there have been any adverse health issues reported in Weston due to the coal plant?

So, looks like Platte City would be the place to go shopping? Thanks again to everyone.

Being the curious critter that I am, I'll be on my way to the net to search out information about Weston's power plant.
Platte City is also located on I-29 and is much more convenient to areas like Downtown, the airport, and the Plaza. Weston is more isolated and not as convenient to other parts of the metro such as the southside. Platte City is still a nice small town with under 7500 people. I am sure it is growing fast. As to the coal plant issue hopefully KCP&L will continue to upgrade other power plants in the metro area with the latest pollution control technologies.

Old 11-11-2007, 11:20 PM

359 posts, read 1,838,991 times
I LOVE Weston. Love, love, love that place. Just spent the day there yesterday shopping and dining. Attended the Christmas Tree Lighting. What a quaint town. It seems to have a lively, energetic core group of people who have the cities best interests at heart. That's my outsiders impression, anyway, over the 2 years I have been visiting up there

Old 11-12-2007, 08:15 AM

20 posts, read 80,181 times
Cameron isnt far from there either!! Lots of stores and Places to go out to eat.

Bethany... Gallatin both have some good stores and are not far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City