Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2007, 08:46 AM

1 posts, read 2,886 times

Advertisements

I just found this site and need some information. I have lived In lenexa for almsot 20 years and have been harrassed by the dept. If so I would like to talk to you. This goes also by animal control and neighbors. Please let me know and Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2007, 12:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,854 times
I've not been harassed by Lenexa, but I am sure going through it with Herington right now. I own my place free and clear. And they are doing everything they can to run me out of town.

They deny me water, deny me electricity, say that I am a nuisance - and basically just make stuff up to harass me.

They tell me my dogs are running loose, even though my dogs never run loose. I have been awakened at three in the morning by a cop who said a complaint was made about my dogs barking all night. That's funny because my dogs all sleep inside at night and I would surely hear them.

Oh, yeah - I know exactly what you are talking about.

Old 11-10-2007, 07:49 AM

822 posts, read 2,038,653 times
My daughter lives in Lenexa and I would have to say the Lenexa police have bent over backwards to be nice to us.

Let me explain:

My daughter plowed into the side of a fast food joint while exiting the drive thru lane. She became so rattled that she took off and ran without going back to see what damage was done to the building or calling the cops, etc. Faulty parenting, I admit.

I got the call at work and had to call the Lenexa police to tell them I knew the whereabouts of the desperado and to ask what we had to do to straighten out this mess. As it turns out, they had been notified by the fast food place already and were grateful for the tip.

They sent a motorcycle cop over. He wrote up a report and that was it. Very courteous and professional. He did give her a stern warning that this better be the last time something like this happened (which I appreciated; it probably meant far more coming from him than me), pointing out that he was well within his authority to issue her a hit-and-run ticket but let it go with a warning.

That was my first and only dealing with the Lenexa police. YMMV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City