Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2013, 12:41 AM

62 posts, read 138,489 times

Advertisements

When I first moved here in March, 2013, I had some difficulties finding information about churches within the Olathe / Overland Park area. I think it would be awesome for us to share our experiences!

I'll start:

My family and I attend Church of the Harvest @ 14841 S. Black Bob Rd, Olathe, KS 66062
(913) 393-9500.

We have 2 elementary aged kids and they love the youth ministry! The kids start out in a classroom setting based on their age and/or school grade. After everyone arrives, the kids all meet in a larger room where they worship and receive scripture based ministry. I am always given great details about the message with which they receive.

The lead pastor, David Fech, is a great teacher of Scripture and explains things in an easy to understand way, with great dialogue that allows me to visualize what actually went on during the events in the Bible. For example, I was actually wandering why someone would go to the tomb of Jesus three days after his death. On Easter, the pastor explained about how women went to buy spices and oils to anoint His body (part of Hebrew Law), however, the store was out of the spices, so I believe my pastor said they had to wait until the store was stocked with them, which was on the 3rd day. My pastor further explained that the women were probably trying to figure out who and how they'd move a huge stone used to keep people out (or Jesus in and when they saw the stone was rolled away, they were all in awe. In all my 44 years of attending Easter Mass and/or other Christian Easter Services, I never gained any of that knowledge and it really was of interest to me!

Now I am still wet behind the ears within my understanding of the Bible (I was raised Catholic) and my husband has a greater understanding. My husband said he hears things he never has heard before and has gained greater understanding himself! I feel like God has put me at this church to help me learn, enjoy and build an awesome relationship with the Lord!

Below is the link to Church of the Harvest. There are normally 4 services to chose from; Saturday @ 5pm or 7pm (or just 6pm on Saturdays during the summer) and Sunday @ 9am and 11am.

You can also check out the below links for more information:

http://www.churchoftheharvest.org/[/url]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
View detailed profiles of: