Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2007, 06:47 PM

2,238 posts, read 9,756,657 times

Advertisements

Where can a fit and attractive woman of 40 find good single men in this city? I'm having a hell of a hard time finding anyone to date that isn't either twenty years younger or twenty years older than I am. And when I do come across available men in my age range, it seems that they don't care about their physical appearance or health. What gives? I'd like to find out where they're hiding, if they even exist here in KC!

Help me out, people...I'm bored silly with the lack of decent men here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2007, 09:15 AM

15,971 posts, read 9,385,776 times
Can you be more specific about the physical appearance thing?

Old 12-20-2007, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
Can you be more specific about the physical appearance thing?
Sure...let me describe the last date I had. A friend of mine set me up on a blind date with "a really nice guy". This guy showed up with dirty fingernails, wore pants that were wrinkled, and very dirty sneakers. I don't expect someone to look like they just came out of a James Bond movie, but I do like a man I date to actually have tried to clean themselves up before going out. Wash your hands, brush your teeth, and put on some clean clothes that don't look like they've been dragged out of the dirty clothes hamper.

Old 12-20-2007, 10:25 AM

Okay, I just wanted to understand where your frustration was coming from and not assume you expected someone to look like they came out of a James Bond movie.
I'm not sure that in itself would be indicative of guys in KC though. Just keep looking. Yeah, that's a bad date and the guy should've known the thing to do is clean up before a date.

I guess the reason I asked was that different people have different definitions for things.
(I'm not directing this towards you, RoaminRed)

People say they want a man that is educated, financially secure, well groomed, healthy and practices good hygiene.

To some people that may mean a guy that has an undergraduate degree, a steady career, 401k, clean cut and shaven, owns a modest sized home and doesn't put away 12 pack of beer every night.

Other folks mean they want a lawyer that looks like Brad Pitt.

Old 12-20-2007, 10:48 AM

Well, I don't really care what a man's career choice is as long as he's not looking to me to support him. On the flip side, I don't expect him to support me either.

Clean, drug-free, not lazy, and reasonably intelligent...everything else is negotiable I'm just having trouble finding those guys in my age range, and I'm not interested in being a cougar.

Old 12-20-2007, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRed View Post
Well, I don't really care what a man's career choice is as long as he's not looking to me to support him. On the flip side, I don't expect him to support me either.

Clean, drug-free, not lazy, and reasonably intelligent...everything else is negotiable I'm just having trouble finding those guys in my age range, and I'm not interested in being a cougar.
I'm 34 and I've got the same troubles when it comes to ladies so I can relate!

...and it's not because I'm looking for a Jessica Simspon look-alike!

I'm no Brad Pitt, but I'm also no Larry the Cable Guy.... just normal.

Old 12-20-2007, 05:49 PM

75 posts, read 353,411 times
I have a great guy friend that just turned 39 today. lisas@realtyexecutives.com - if you want more info. or photo swaping.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:29 PM

2 posts, read 24,410 times
I can relate to your situation - but, try to find a gentleman to date when you are a 57-yr. old who is ready to retire!

Old 01-21-2008, 03:48 PM

6 posts, read 16,177 times
The trouble is on both sexes. I am 47 and have a time finding someone that is not a drunk or someone who hasn't been with the whole town. There is no place to go that I have found to meet people other then bars. I can find plenty of girls 25 to 30 range that want to have fun but not there mentally. I am attracted to younger wemen but do not mind a older one that is attractive and takes care of herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City