Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2014, 11:03 AM

2 posts, read 2,307 times

Advertisements

My family is moving to area from Andover Kansas for my husbands job which is across from World's of Fun... I have no idea where to start in getting this move accomplished by the beginning of Feb. 2015...I have a four year old son and ten year old son that will be attending school so that is a condition of where we move (a good school). Any advice anyone might have for me would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2014, 11:18 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,903,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifeoftruckmechanic View Post
My family is moving to area from Andover Kansas for my husbands job which is across from World's of Fun... I have no idea where to start in getting this move accomplished by the beginning of Feb. 2015...I have a four year old son and ten year old son that will be attending school so that is a condition of where we move (a good school). Any advice anyone might have for me would be greatly appreciated.
You will have good schools in most areas north of the river. I you want to stay close to the Worlds of Fun area, I would concentrate on the Liberty and Shoal Creek area which will be in the Liberty and NKC school districts. This is both sides of I-35 north of 435 along 152, 291 etc. Most of the growth will be in the city of KCMO, but it's a suburban part of KCMO with good schools, so don't worry about the address.

Old 12-08-2014, 05:35 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,606,010 times
Yep, if you locate around his work, you're in a good place for schools.

Old 12-16-2014, 01:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,143 times
So have you decided if you will be renting or buying a home?

Old 12-24-2014, 03:18 PM

2 posts, read 2,307 times
For now we will be renting looking for 3 bedroom must have garage for our 66 mustang that we have as a show car.

Old 12-25-2014, 07:32 AM

7 posts, read 8,122 times
I've lived up north all my life. The Liberty and Park Hill school districts are MUCH better than the NKC school district. If you can, live in one of them. Commuting to the area by World's of Fun will be easier coming from the Park Hill school district, which is on the Platte county side. Traffic on I-35 is much worse than on I-29. I-29 is 3 lanes most of the way. Of course, rents are higher in many parts of the Park Hill school district, but once you start looking at 3 bedroom houses as opposed to apartments the difference is not as much, if any, compared to the Liberty school district. Rent within the NKC school district will be quite a bit lower because the quality of the schools is lower.

If you do stay in the NKC school district pay close attention to which grade school your kids will attend. Everyone who comes to the KC area as a refugee is required to live in the NKC school district in the beginning, so many grade schools have a large number of non-English speaking children. One grade school has over 200 languages spoken there! This has placed some real stresses on the schools as they try to meet the needs of these students. They're doing the best they can with limited resources.

Old 12-25-2014, 11:15 PM

6,822 posts, read 11,556,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmeW View Post

Everyone who comes to the KC area as a refugee is required to live in the NKC school district in the beginning, .
Please provide some sort of documentation for this preposterous statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City