Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2014, 02:38 PM

8 posts, read 47,940 times

Advertisements

Can you tell me where to get your water bottle or jug filled with clean water?
I know of one place in Westport, but it is not convenient for me, at all.
Some health food grocers I have known have had such stations in their stores, but I don't know about here in Kansas City.
Thanks.
Specifically, I am in Northeast Kansas City, but would like to know about any and all Water filling Stations in the metro area.
here is where I am talking about, for starters.... if you look closely at the left side of the picture you can see the station on the side of the building

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Br...da00534880b597

their locations:
5701 West 95th Street, Overland Park, KS
6648 Nieman Road, Shawnee Mission, KS
1024 Wesport Road, Kansas City, MO
616 East 63rd Street, Kansas City, MO
9908 Holmes Road, Kansas City, MO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 04:49 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,549,746 times
Huh. The only one I ever noticed was the one on Westport Road.

It's possible that HyVee grocery stores, which have health food sections, may have taps, as well, but again, I never really noticed. I have always used tap water in KC, sorry.

Old 07-30-2014, 05:00 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,249,721 times
Quik Trip? I think if you take in your own container you can have ice and water for free.

If by "clean" water you mean purified, then I don't know.

Old 08-03-2014, 04:53 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,535,950 times
what's wrong with tap water? KC has a naturally fluorided (not a real word?) water from all the lime stone in ground, not saying you should go drink from the river/streams but the tap water is as good as you'll get anywhere. You could boil the tap water to get out some of the other minerals/metals.

you could bring in the old 5gal containers to hyvee I think and trade them for filled ones (and pay cost of water?, haven't done it but I've seen people bring them in before) but they may have been recycling the jugs and just buying new ones too

Old 08-04-2014, 09:45 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,249,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
what's wrong with tap water? KC has a naturally fluorided (not a real word?) water from all the lime stone in ground, not saying you should go drink from the river/streams but the tap water is as good as you'll get anywhere. You could boil the tap water to get out some of the other minerals/metals.

you could bring in the old 5gal containers to hyvee I think and trade them for filled ones (and pay cost of water?, haven't done it but I've seen people bring them in before) but they may have been recycling the jugs and just buying new ones too
Yep! Wwhen my kids were babies my pediatrician told me NOT to buy formula that was ready to feed, but to buy the powdered formula and mix with tap water. She said the reason is that we don't know the quality of the water wherever the ready to feed formula was made, but Kansas City's water is very good.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:43 PM

no, it isn't

Fluoride Action Network | Broadening Public Awareness on Fluoride.

Old 10-21-2014, 01:56 PM

i found another water fil site: Natural Market (or something) at 43rd and Main, KCMO
usually a health food grocer will have a water filler, for cheap; i think it is 25 cents at the Natural Grocer...
here's the link:

Nature

still doesn't really help me, but I might bring a couple of jugs next time anyway, lol
bus line gets me 2 blocks from home, so not to bad a lug, except my pack is always full of oat groats and organic corn flour, haha... and some carrots and cabbage, oh and flax seeds
drink PURE
the reverse osmosis method removes the fluoride (they say), so these dispensers are fine, though still not absolutely 100%... maybe in a few years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City