Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2008, 09:21 AM

5 posts, read 22,829 times

Advertisements

My husband may be taking a position as an Air Force recruiter, and Overland Park is one of our choices. We hope that we could afford a house in the area (Max $150,000), but don't know much else about the city, etc. Any suggestions on good neighborhoods/schools with homes in our price range? Preferably somewhat newer homes. Thank you all in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 10:29 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,615,463 times
I'm not sure you can get much more than a condo in Overland Park for $150k, though you could probably get a small home in an older part of the area. You can also look nearby in Johnson County in Shawnee - it's older.

You probably won't find any newer construction single family homes in your price range in Johnson County.

You'll get more bang for your buck on the Missouri side of things. I'm sure some other posters can give you more specifics of communities to look into there.

Old 01-07-2008, 03:01 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,555,846 times
Look to older areas of Overland Park north of I-435. I think you might be closer to your price range (150K)
Clay County Missouri would also probably be a little more affordable and I-35 offers a quick commute to Downtown KC, MO and the rest of the metro.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:01 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,220,012 times
My parents sold (last year) a 3 bdr., 2 bath, 1200 sq. foot ranch, single garage, near downtown Overland Park for $130K, so in northern OP you could probably get more in the 1500 - 1600 sq. foot range, like a 40 year old ranch, 3 bdr., 2 baths, family room and double garage. Lot sizes are crazy big in OP so you'll always have plenty of grass to mow in the humid heat all summer!

Old 02-11-2009, 03:39 PM

2 posts, read 11,974 times
Hi my names is Ronda White. Maybe we can help each other. I found your post because my son is interested in going into the Air Force and I was trying to find a recruiter for him. I am a licensed full time real estate agent who lives in Overland Park. I would be happy to answer any questions that you might have.

Old 02-11-2009, 03:57 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,877,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondawhite View Post
Hi my names is Ronda White. Maybe we can help each other. I found your post because my son is interested in going into the Air Force and I was trying to find a recruiter for him. I am a licensed full time real estate agent who lives in Overland Park. I would be happy to answer any questions that you might have.
This thread is over a year old.

After doing very minor research, I see the OP probably lives in Vegas now, just read the 3 posts the OP owns. Real-estate agents need to get more creative than digging up old dead end threads .

Old 02-11-2009, 04:11 PM

2 posts, read 11,974 times
Sorry ... I was sincerely doing research for a recruiter which was the only reason this popped up and thought I could help. Just so you know i specialize in commercial and government procurement. But since I am a nice person, who was transplanted here myself I thought maybe I could help. You are correct that I should have paid more attention to the thread.

Old 02-15-2009, 05:54 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,140,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG0315 View Post
My husband may be taking a position as an Air Force recruiter, and Overland Park is one of our choices. We hope that we could afford a house in the area (Max $150,000), but don't know much else about the city, etc. Any suggestions on good neighborhoods/schools with homes in our price range? Preferably somewhat newer homes. Thank you all in advance!

Do a search on realtor.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City