U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2017, 08:26 AM

10,901 posts, read 19,922,291 times

Advertisements

New apartments proposed in River Market at 3rd and Grand in the River Market

New apartments proposed in River Market near the Broadway Bridge

More apartments proposed in River Market near the Broadway Bridge

531 Grand in River Market nearing completion

New apartments proposed for 3260 Main in Midtown

Last edited by kcmo; 10-19-2017 at 08:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2017, 09:09 PM

11,319 posts, read 3,424,995 times
531 Grand has been sitting there in an upcompleted state without anything going on for months now. I haven't seen any progress on it since the spring I think.

Old 10-21-2017, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
531 Grand has been sitting there in an upcompleted state without anything going on for months now. I haven't seen any progress on it since the spring I think.
Are you sure you are not thinking of this project? 2nd and Delaware?

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansasci...er-market.html

Old 10-21-2017, 11:19 AM

No, definitely not. I'm aware of 2nd and Delaware but it's the one at the corner of Grand and Missouri where nothing's happened in quite a while.

Granted, I haven't been by there in a few weeks so for all I know things have stirred up again, but the last 2-3 times I went by there, very little, if any, progress had been made.

Old 10-21-2017, 11:27 AM

Quote:
No, definitely not. I'm aware of 2nd and Delaware but it's the one at the corner of Grand and Missouri where nothing's happened in quite a while.

Granted, I haven't been by there in a few weeks so for all I know things have stirred up again, but the last 2-3 times I went by there, very little, if any, progress had been made.
Not living there, I don't know, but from progress photos I have seen, it appears to be moving along in the last few weeks. It takes a while to do all the finishing, so it may not look like much is going on, when there is. I'm pretty sure this project is not delayed, but maybe somebody else can confirm.

It's sad what's happened with the 2nd and Delaware project. Hopefully that gets going again very soon.

Old 10-21-2017, 02:20 PM

492 posts, read 639,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Not living there, I don't know, but from progress photos I have seen, it appears to be moving along in the last few weeks. It takes a while to do all the finishing, so it may not look like much is going on, when there is. I'm pretty sure this project is not delayed, but maybe somebody else can confirm.

It's sad what's happened with the 2nd and Delaware project. Hopefully that gets going again very soon.
Yeah what's going on with 2nd and Delaware? One day there was a crane, now it's gone.

Old 10-26-2017, 02:12 PM

64 posts, read 47,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shindig View Post
Yeah what's going on with 2nd and Delaware? One day there was a crane, now it's gone.

Don't know the details, but I think it's locked up in some kind of litigation of some sort!!

Old 10-26-2017, 05:32 PM

Here's the story on 2nd and Delaware.

Lawsuit, other delays interrupt ‘greener-than-green’ River Market apartment construction
Quote:
The internationally touted apartment project on the edge of Kansas City’s River Market was supposed to be open by now.

Instead, the $62 million “passive house” development, promising better energy efficiency than the highest LEED-certified standards, remains less than half done, and construction is stalled.

The general contractor stopped work on the 276-unit property named Second and Delaware in June and sued the developer, alleging $969,501 in unpaid construction bills.

Old 10-29-2017, 05:04 PM

I drove by this project again today. If there's been any progress on it since this picture was taken, and since I last made note of it a few months ago, there hasn't been much. It still looks pretty much the same as in this picture, which is what it looked like back in the spring. There's obviously some sort of delay going on.

Old 10-29-2017, 10:11 PM

64 posts, read 47,800 times
Quote:
I drove by this project again today. If there's been any progress on it since this picture was taken, and since I last made note of it a few months ago, there hasn't been much. It still looks pretty much the same as in this picture, which is what it looked like back in the spring. There's obviously some sort of delay going on.

I hope this isn't the same issue as 2nd and Delaware. We need these projects completed and opened!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or