Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 01:20 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,966,211 times

Advertisements

First off, this is a horrible, terrible tragedy of a story and very difficult to even comprehend. I don't even know what to say about the actual story itself it's just nuts.

However...

This was on the local DC news today. I hate national stories like this because these are the kinds of things people remember about KC. This video takes every stereotype of KC and Kansas and puts into a real video. Yes, "Kansas City" people people live on hillbilly farms and live in 3rd world conditions with lots of land, guns, crying dogs and livestock and some of them even feed their children to the pigs! Jesus. Forget about KCMO changing its name to ditch Kansas. Maybe KCK should change theirs to something that is not Kansas City.

As much urban crime that occurs in KCMO, I still say that KCK is one of the most bizarre places within major metro in the entire country.

Bones of child found amid pigs in Kansas, coroner says - CNN.com

Old 12-02-2015, 02:49 PM

638 posts, read 626,558 times
Its true. Sadly, when people search for Kansas City Kansas skyline they are left with something very unimpressive.

That being said, "hillbilly" things have happened in KCMO that put us in negative light. Still, a name change wouldn't' hurt KCK.

Old 12-02-2015, 03:02 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,282,903 times
Well, a lot of it does look like hillbilly country. Sad story...

Old 12-02-2015, 07:49 PM

684 posts, read 516,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moboy32 View Post
Its true. Sadly, when people search for Kansas City Kansas skyline they are left with something very unimpressive.

Kansas City Kansas has a skyline? Really... are you sure...

I jest

But not joking when it comes to Mount Sunflower, the highest point in Kansas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Sunflower

Old 12-02-2015, 08:38 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,317,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
First off, this is a horrible, terrible tragedy of a story and very difficult to even comprehend. I don't even know what to say about the actual story itself it's just nuts.

However...

This was on the local DC news today. I hate national stories like this because these are the kinds of things people remember about KC. This video takes every stereotype of KC and Kansas and puts into a real video. Yes, "Kansas City" people people live on hillbilly farms and live in 3rd world conditions with lots of land, guns, crying dogs and livestock and some of them even feed their children to the pigs! Jesus. Forget about KCMO changing its name to ditch Kansas. Maybe KCK should change theirs to something that is not Kansas City.

As much urban crime that occurs in KCMO, I still say that KCK is one of the most bizarre places within major metro in the entire country.

Bones of child found amid pigs in Kansas, coroner says - CNN.com
How stupid and ridiculous. So that one idiot represents KCK, huh? This is the first time I've ever heard of something like this in KCK. You hear about it in KCMO and Missouri all the time. Remember Precious Doe? How about the man and his sons in Harrisonville who raped daughters/sisters and impregnated them many times and killed the babies and their bodies were found encased in cement on their property? Now that sounds like sick hillbillies if you ask me.

And does that mean that the idiots making headlines at Mizzou now represent all of Missouri? Does that mean all the rioters at Ferguson represent all Missourians? Does that mean that Frazier Glenn Cross who came from Missouri to murder three Overland Park people represents all of Missouri? This represents a whole bunch of sick people in Missouri, and you hear one story about someone in KCK and start this thread? Unbelievable. It's Kansas that should be ditching depraved Missouri, not vice versa.

How about these stories?

Missouri's Child Abuse-Related Deaths Among Highest in U.S.

Powerful plea from prosecutor’s office on recent deaths, abuse of KC-area kids | fox4kc.com

Mom faces murder charges, blames God for child's death - KCTV5

KC man jumped on 2-yr-old boy causing fatal injuries that killed him, police say | fox4kc.com

Man And Woman Charged After 1-Year-Old Dies Following Alleged Child Abuse

Missouri Mom Tries To Pass Off Fatal Child Abuse As Spider Bite

Mother Charged With Murder, Abuse in Child's Death - Story

Edgar Springs man found guilty of child abuse and murder | KOMU.com | Columbia, MO |

Murder charge added in Carthage child abuse case | FOX2now.com

Old 12-02-2015, 08:46 PM

684 posts, read 794,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moboy32 View Post

That being said, "hillbilly" things have happened in KCMO that put us in negative light. Still, a name change wouldn't' hurt KCK.
They would never change their name. That's the best thing they've got going for them. Namesake wise, we reap their negative light, but with that same namesake, they reap beneficially from our positive light.

KCK nationally and locally hurts our city's image. IMO, there's only one way to get away from the national perceptions of all things Kansas. But, we all already know how I feel.

Old 12-02-2015, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
How stupid and ridiculous. So that one idiot represents KCK, huh? This is the first time I've ever heard of something like this in KCK. You hear about it in KCMO and Missouri all the time. Remember Precious Doe? How about the man and his sons in Harrisonville who raped daughters/sisters and impregnated them many times and killed the babies and their bodies were found encased in cement on their property? Now that sounds like sick hillbillies if you ask me.

And does that mean that the idiots making headlines at Mizzou now represent all of Missouri? Does that mean all the rioters at Ferguson represent all Missourians? Does that mean that Frazier Glenn Cross who came from Missouri to murder three Overland Park people represents all of Missouri? This represents a whole bunch of sick people in Missouri, and you hear one story about someone in KCK and start this thread? Unbelievable. It's Kansas that should be ditching depraved Missouri, not vice versa.
I really didn't read into his complaint as being about that one individual, or about what he did, or any stories for that matter. But more so how the stereotypes of KCK are effecting the national image of Kansas City's namesake and image and area in general.

Old 12-02-2015, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Missouri View Post
I really didn't read into his complaint as being about that one individual, or about what he did, or any stories for that matter. But more so how the stereotypes of KCK are effecting the national image of Kansas City's namesake and image and area in general.
Right and all the idiots and criminals in Missouri, which are a whole lot more than that one idiot in KCK, don't affect Kansas City's national image? Please. Kansas City has enough bad of its own to negatively affect (not effect) its image. That one demented person from KCK isn't going to make any difference.

Old 12-02-2015, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Right and all the idiots and criminals in Missouri, which are a whole lot more than that one idiot in KCK, don't affect Kansas City's national image? Please.
His statement was:

"This video takes every stereotype of KC and Kansas and puts into a real video. Yes, "Kansas City" people people live on hillbilly farms and live in 3rd world conditions with lots of land, guns, crying dogs and livestock and some of them even feed their children to the pigs!"

A statement not about criminals and what notoriety they're bringing to the area, but, the stereotypes of KCK and Kansas in general and how they are nationally effecting KCMO's image and perception.

It clearly seems to me that his complaint is more about KCK than it is about ranting about criminals. Because obviously luzianne, if he were to actually rant about criminals from KCK, how hard would it for you or anyone else to create a list 10x greater of Missouri criminals.

Old 12-02-2015, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Missouri View Post
His statement was:

"This video takes every stereotype of KC and Kansas and puts into a real video. Yes, "Kansas City" people people live on hillbilly farms and live in 3rd world conditions with lots of land, guns, crying dogs and livestock and some of them even feed their children to the pigs!"

A statement not about criminals and what notoriety they're bringing to the area, but, the stereotypes of KCK and Kansas in general and how they are nationally effecting KCMO's image and perception.

It clearly seems to me that his complaint is more about KCK than it is about ranting about criminals. Because obviously luzianne, if he were to actually rant about criminals from KCK, how hard would it for you or anyone else to create a list 10x greater of Missouri criminals.
And what I said is that Kansas City, Missouri has enough of its own hillbillies, incest, child abuse and murder to negatively AFFECT its own image. KCMO looks bad enough all on its own and that one idiot from KCK isn't going to make KCMO look any worse in the national spotlight than it already does.

Last edited by luzianne; 12-02-2015 at 09:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City