Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 06:45 PM

639 posts, read 766,673 times

Advertisements

The North of the River KC population continues to grow in population and will eventually exceeds KC's Jackson County's population. Clay and Platte Counties KC population will eventually control KC city's hall. In the next ten years foreseeably, KC will be a conservative city. One could see changes in voting and ballot issues like KC earnings tax, more concentration on north of the river issues and more dwindling and hollowing out of the "urban core," all things unforeseen 50-60 years ago when the land grab for north of the river happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2016, 09:59 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,210,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovekcmo View Post
The North of the River KC population continues to grow in population and will eventually exceeds KC's Jackson County's population. Clay and Platte Counties KC population will eventually control KC city's hall. In the next ten years foreseeably, KC will be a conservative city. One could see changes in voting and ballot issues like KC earnings tax, more concentration on north of the river issues and more dwindling and hollowing out of the "urban core," all things unforeseen 50-60 years ago when the land grab for north of the river happened.
Good lord... I will feel so bad for KC if/when that ever happens. But to an extent, it's already a de facto conservative city in several ways. Really, what do I pay my taxes to? Corporate welfare? Because it's as sure as hell not going to spending on schools, infrastructure, etc. Seriously, I pay 1% of my paycheck to the city, but I don't even have basic recycling service. I have to hoard my recyclables and drive 10 miles to the nearest "recycling" center that is only open 4 days a week, bankers hours, if I want to recycle. All because I live in an apartment (which, BTW, I pay more than $1200/mo to live in). But if I lived in a house, I wouldn't. Utterly ridiculous, blatant discrimination. Not once have I ever had to deal with this bull**** in California. It may be an expensive state to live in, but at least they take care of their people and appreciate, for example, their interest in respecting the environment.

In KC, it's almost like they want me to throw away glass, plastic, paper and cardboard because it's easier on them.

At any rate, I'd rather move to a city where I know my money in state and local taxes are going towards civic progress in the 21st century and not eventually toward kickbacks for some privileged Wall Street elitist. And where I can do basic things like, you know, recycle, without having to bend over backwards and look like a hoarder by piling a bunch of crap in my car waiting for one of the "recycle days" where I can do it myself.

Missouri has dug its own grave. I hope it enjoys it.

Last edited by Bluefox; 12-31-2016 at 11:27 PM..

Old 01-01-2017, 07:21 PM

290 posts, read 346,617 times
Quote:
How is KC not a conservative city already? Didn't Funkhouser run city hall will his form of conservatism for years already? Even if the Northland has a greater voice in city hall, that doesn't mean the urban core will necessarily suffer. If developers can make money in the city, development will continue. Moreover, the East Side may continue to hollow out, but as the West of Troost area continues to be pricier, more people will move to the East Side, which already occurring and changing the area.

Old 01-02-2017, 11:35 AM

684 posts, read 791,447 times
Quote:
They'll control city hall, but not KCI? If I'm not mistaken you think KCI should be located more centrally/southerly. But why? When your predictions for this area's population will serve that KCI is in a perfect location.

Old 01-02-2017, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Missouri View Post
They'll control city hall, but not KCI? If I'm not mistaken you think KCI should be located more centrally/southerly. But why? When your predictions for this area's population will serve that KCI is in a perfect location.
The Northland will control city hall, the city, and yes KCI. I could see the Northland control folks deciding to clear the east side of KC Jackson County for a new airport. Would be the perfect location.

Old 01-02-2017, 05:20 PM

290 posts, read 346,617 times
Quote:
The Northland will control city hall, the city, and yes KCI. I could see the Northland control folks deciding to clear the east side of KC Jackson County for a new airport. Would be the perfect location.
That's a heck of troll response, I will give you that!

Old 01-02-2017, 05:34 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Quote:
That is a nice fantasy scenario, the airport will never move from its present location, and the FAA would not allow it to be moved.

Old 01-02-2017, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
That is a nice fantasy scenario, the airport will never move from its present location, and the FAA would not allow it to be moved.
It's not only the FAA but DHS/TSA that has say about airports. DHS/TSA is not happy about KCI's configuration of it's silly terminal setup. And with a New and GREAT President Elect coming on board...who's to say, HE may want a new airport or airport location.

Old 01-02-2017, 07:10 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Quote:
It's not only the FAA but DHS/TSA that has say about airports. DHS/TSA is not happy about KCI's configuration of it's silly terminal setup. And with a New and GREAT President Elect coming on board...who's to say, HE may want a new airport or airport location.
None of those will entities will move the airport from its present location. KCMO leadership will have to wake up and smell the coffee and rebuild a modern terminal at or near its present location. Starting from scratch in a new area is not a fiscally conservative approach in the least.

Old 01-02-2017, 07:49 PM

684 posts, read 791,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
None of those will entities will move the airport from its present location. KCMO leadership will have to wake up and smell the coffee and rebuild a modern terminal at or near its present location. Starting from scratch in a new area is not a fiscally conservative approach in the least.

No it's not.

But now if we elected Obama as our Mayor then rest assure that he without hesitation would spend a billion of our Kansas City tax dollars to build a new KCI terminal in Kuwait. And the tax payers from the East Side would love him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City