Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2017, 08:51 AM

118 posts, read 190,229 times

Advertisements

So here is the deal. I used to live in Overland Park and at this time of year my absolute favorite beer would come out. I'm very jealous of you beer drinkers that like seasonal, spicy beer because Schlafly's Pumpkin Ale is coming out and it is, bar none, the best Pumpkin Beer.

At any rate, I am at my wits end as to how to go about getting some shipped to me outside the United States. Schlafly's won't ship to me, and there aren't any online beer stores that have it, or they don't ship internationally.

So I'm wondering if there are any companies that do this - they purchase what the person wants, pack it professionally for international shipment, and then take it to UPS (UPS is licensed to ship alcohol).

Seems like an interesting business model actually.

-Harry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2017, 10:28 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
Schlafly's Pumpkin Ale

That sounds yummy!

Old 08-04-2017, 11:35 AM

118 posts, read 190,229 times
I highly recommend getting some...

Old 08-04-2017, 12:01 PM

242 posts, read 350,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassad View Post
So here is the deal. I used to live in Overland Park and at this time of year my absolute favorite beer would come out. I'm very jealous of you beer drinkers that like seasonal, spicy beer because Schlafly's Pumpkin Ale is coming out and it is, bar none, the best Pumpkin Beer.

At any rate, I am at my wits end as to how to go about getting some shipped to me outside the United States. Schlafly's won't ship to me, and there aren't any online beer stores that have it, or they don't ship internationally.

So I'm wondering if there are any companies that do this - they purchase what the person wants, pack it professionally for international shipment, and then take it to UPS (UPS is licensed to ship alcohol).

Seems like an interesting business model actually.

-Harry
I'm a member of a number of Facebook groups that promotes beer trading. If I were you, I'd search on Facebook to find a group that might fit the bill. The way it works is that you would post that you want Schlafly's Pumpkin Ale and you include what you have available to you that you would trade for it. Shipping would be handled individually by you and the person you're trading with, and most of these groups have discussions about the best way (ie, which carrier works best) to ship beers since apparently it isn't technically legal.

Look for a group based out of Kansas and you'll have a higher likelihood that somebody will be able to get their hands on the beer you want.

Good luck.

Old 08-04-2017, 07:53 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,532,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Schlafly's Pumpkin Ale

That sounds yummy!
Yeah I gotta try some too.

Old 08-05-2017, 03:51 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
Yeah I gotta try some too.

Ta go along with some September Seattle Seahawk's NFL football, baby. Go Seahawk's!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
View detailed profiles of: