Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 08:50 AM

1,328 posts, read 1,449,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrby View Post
There really is no scenic or interesting route through the Kansas City metro area. It is all dreary.
It's not really a question of scenic vs. dreary. It's a question of looking at trees, houses and well-kempt areas, as opposed to blight and other industrial dreck. And at least for 4 miles or so, I'd argue that I-35 before, during and past downtown is very interesting and scenic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2018, 08:52 AM

1,328 posts, read 1,449,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Indeed. That's what I'd go with.

Now, characteristically for the KC forum and as you have started to see, there will be 3 more pages of posts aggressively striving to dissuade you from your own sensibilities and those that came your way in the first few posts. It's a misery loves company thing.

Worry not....you have a solid plan.
Relax. This is not a help desk, it's a discussion forum. As long as the discussion isn't preventing the OP's question from getting answered, then it's a good thing.

Old 01-09-2018, 08:55 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,767,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Indeed. That's what I'd go with.

Now, characteristically for the KC forum and as you have started to see, there will be 3 more pages of posts aggressively striving to dissuade you from your own sensibilities and those that came your way in the first few posts. It's a misery loves company thing.

Worry not....you have a solid plan.
Things were fine till you showed up...

Old 01-09-2018, 08:59 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,767,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendersj31 View Post
Thank you all for the detailed replies, especially the route suggestions and the traffic information. Honestly I was just following what google maps showed me so I really appreciate your real world feedback.

Please don't worry about me judging Kansas City based on what I see from the freeway. Believe me Houston can look pretty ugly from some of it's freeways so I know what you mean. I really do.

So then, I am totally open to passing through on 35 and grabbing some barbecue. Where?
I would recommend Jack Stack BBQ for a nice sit down bbq place after a long drive. It can get busy on evenings and weekends though.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/&#39...15!2d39.087252

If you want something more gritty and or more authentic to KC, then Bryants or Gates have locations near downtown. Jack Stack is KC bbq, but in a more upscale setting.

Old 01-09-2018, 10:10 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,758,410 times
Thanks again. Those places all look great. Just need to see how we feel when we get there if we stop and sit or take and go.

Old 02-21-2018, 09:04 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,758,410 times
Just a quick update.

We ended up staying at the Inn at the Belvoir Winery and it was a really cool place. Almost like a small museum. There is all sorts of artifacts and historical information hanging in the walls of the common areas. I didn't know about the paranormal activity some have experienced prior to booking but it was fun to look through the guest book in our room and read previous guests stories. The rooms are quite nice and look to have been remodeled recently. Our intention was to enjoy a wine tasting but we arrived later than expected and were really tired so we settled for a couple drinks in our room before going to sleep.

We chose to stop at Bryants since we had been on the road about 13 hours and didn't want to do fancy. Ordered ribs and burnt ends and it was very good. Loved the sweet and spicy sauce but all three were good. French fries were also very good.

Thanks again for all your help and suggestions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City