Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2018, 07:26 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,057,613 times

Advertisements

Any local recommendations on fun/interesting Fall festivals in the area? Hayrides, pumpkin patches, apple picking, fair food, activities and games for kids, enjoy the outdoors kind of thing, etc, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2018, 08:12 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,270,399 times
Louisburg Cider Mill

Deanna Rose Farmstead

Renaissance Festival

Overland Park Arboretum. Not sure what they have specifically for fall but they always have something going on. We went to the luminary walk last November and it was a fun experience. The weather was perfect that night, not hot and not cold, and windy, and it was just a nice experience walking through the trees at night with the wind blowing. It had kind of an ethereal feel. I liked it.

Worlds of Fun Boo Fest

Last edited by luzianne; 10-19-2018 at 08:26 PM..

Old 10-19-2018, 11:10 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,222,689 times
It’s a bit late in the season, most of the big festivals have come and gone for the year. RenFest, Weston Applefest, Plaza Art Fair, Pioneer Days, etc. September through Mid-October is normally prime season for fall festivals. The Nelson/Atkins does a pretty neat Día De Los Muertos fest, looks like it is November 4 this year. I second Louisburg. Always a good time and festive on the weekends.

Old 10-20-2018, 05:27 AM

Carolyn’s pumpkin patch in Liberty

Here’s the Deanna Rose pumpkin patch info - https://www.opkansas.org/events/pumpkin-hollow/

Deanna Rose also has Night of the Living Farm this weekend

I am disappointed that the weather this fall has been cooler than normal. We usually have a long Indian summer where the humidity is gone but it is still warm, even into the low 80s during the day. We don’t seem to have that this year.

Old 10-20-2018, 06:07 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,554,916 times
I was just at Colonial Gardens in Blue Springs today, and while I wouldn't call it a "festival" they did have a pretty nice pumpkin patch, music and FREE popcorn today.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:13 PM

26,430 posts, read 46,615,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Carolyn’s pumpkin patch in Liberty

Here’s the Deanna Rose pumpkin patch info - https://www.opkansas.org/events/pumpkin-hollow/

Deanna Rose also has Night of the Living Farm this weekend

I am disappointed that the weather this fall has been cooler than normal. We usually have a long Indian summer where the humidity is gone but it is still warm, even into the low 80s during the day. We don’t seem to have that this year.
Great Plains Fall weather is highly variable, but 80s aren't average or very common at all for extended periods. Average first frost or freeze is typically in early to mid October for rural areas just outside of the metro area- including Lawrence and St. Joseph. Areas well south of KC usually see the first freeze at the end of October through mid November. In the northern Great Lakes region, early September is common to see a frost or freeze. The low temperature was 17F in Tomahawk, WI a few days ago in the Northwoods.

Fall foliage peak can be quite a bit variable in the KC metro area due to the urban heat island. Trees within the city limits often peak a few weeks later than in the more outlying areas that see colder low temperatures at earlier time periods.

Old 10-20-2018, 09:00 PM

I just know all the years I have lived in the Kansas City area, basically all my life, I have enjoyed lots of Indian summers with 80s into October. I’m not saying it’s 80 every day but lots of 80° days. And even a couple of Thanksgivings where it was in the 70s. The temperature lately has been in mid 50s/low 60s and local weather people keep commenting on it being cooler than normal for this time of year. I also keep getting on this day reminders from Facebook from previous years where I commented on the nice warm weather. It’s just not happening this year.

Old 10-22-2018, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I just know all the years I have lived in the Kansas City area, basically all my life, I have enjoyed lots of Indian summers with 80s into October. I’m not saying it’s 80 every day but lots of 80° days. And even a couple of Thanksgivings where it was in the 70s. The temperature lately has been in mid 50s/low 60s and local weather people keep commenting on it being cooler than normal for this time of year. I also keep getting on this day reminders from Facebook from previous years where I commented on the nice warm weather. It’s just not happening this year.
Cooler than average recently for the area, yes, but many recent Fall seasons have featured above average temperatures..

Old 10-22-2018, 08:45 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,057,613 times
Thanks for the ideas everyone. My kids used to love visiting Eckert's farm in Belleville IL, just outside St. Louis, this time of year. My youngest is still young enough to enjoy this sort of thing. I'm going to hit one of them next weekend if it isn't rainy. That maze out in Louisburg looks awesome.

Old 10-22-2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
Thanks for the ideas everyone. My kids used to love visiting Eckert's farm in Belleville IL, just outside St. Louis, this time of year. My youngest is still young enough to enjoy this sort of thing. I'm going to hit one of them next weekend if it isn't rainy. That maze out in Louisburg looks awesome.
They used to do tours of the Louisburg Cider Mill, but I think that is generally for a younger audience. You would have to check their website.

Link:
https://louisburgcidermill.com/tour-information/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City