Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 11:28 PM

1,503 posts, read 599,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
Missouri law on inspections was changed several years ago. Vehicles are exempt from inspection for 5 years after manufacture. After that, inspections are required every two years.

Do you ever get your oil changed? I always just tack an inspection on when I’m getting that done, if I need it. Not much of an inconvenience. YMMV
I lived in MO for a very short period of time 20+ years ago. At that time not every oil change place was doing inspections, so yes, it was a hassle. IDK if things changed since then, but I glad I didn't have them since then.

You see, I have an allergy for official paperwork Even changing insurance card is a hassle for me, despite it taking 10 sec or so I got all my payments for everything on an autopilot, and have an attitude "if I'm paying you in full and on time, don't bother me with your stupid rules or additional requirements". Unfortunately, govt always finds a way to complicate my life.

Coming back to the topic, yes, KS taxes are somewhat high, at least higher than they used to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2019, 11:42 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,417,601 times
You see, I have an allergy for official paperwork Even changing insurance card is a hassle for me, despite it taking 10 sec or so I got all my payments for everything on an autopilot, and have an attitude "if I'm paying you in full and on time, don't bother me with your stupid rules or additional requirements". Unfortunately, govt always finds a way to complicate my life.

With me, part of this problem is with medical licensing. Their complication is their work and way of making a living, far be it for us to want that process simplified. Here in New Mexico things move slowly, so getting your paperwork (online package, more like) in weeks ahead of time is simply the smartest way ta go.

Old 07-09-2019, 02:40 PM

1,962 posts, read 2,207,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xz2y View Post
Thanks for your post. Wow, so in Missouri, you can pay 5% tax on groceries (basic food, potatoes, bread, etc)? Is that true for Jackson county (KCMO)?
The downtown KCMO grocery store, Cosentino's, charges 11.6% on their salad bar and any prepared foods from the deli or butcher counters. It's incredibly regressive.

Missouri considers food that has been prepared in any way (like chopped lettuce) that can be taken out (even if it's not taken out but eaten in the store) not subject to the lower grocery rate but rather to the full freight retail rate of almost TWELVE per cent.

Old 07-12-2019, 08:29 PM

2,410 posts, read 5,790,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westender View Post
The downtown KCMO grocery store, Cosentino's, charges 11.6% on their salad bar and any prepared foods from the deli or butcher counters. It's incredibly regressive.

Missouri considers food that has been prepared in any way (like chopped lettuce) that can be taken out (even if it's not taken out but eaten in the store) not subject to the lower grocery rate but rather to the full freight retail rate of almost TWELVE per cent.
It is unbelievable. But so is adding 5%+ to grocery basics like potatoes, bread and milk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City