Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2020, 06:06 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,747,929 times

Advertisements

Congrats to all Chiefs fans, you deserve this Super Bowl WIN!

I loved hearing the war chant, all you fans had for your team during the playoffs and the Super Bowl during the entire games.

This was my favorite Super Bowl game in the last 20 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2020, 09:39 PM

40 posts, read 34,997 times
How are the Chiefs and the city of Kansas City, Missouri, celebrating the win?

Old 02-04-2020, 06:58 AM

264 posts, read 249,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthemust View Post
How are the Chiefs and the city of Kansas City, Missouri, celebrating the win?
There will be parade and a rally. In 2015, 800,000 gathered downtown near Union Station for the rally and it looked as blue as the ocean that day. However, you can bet that this year, at least 1 million will show up and you'll struggle to find anyone that does not have a shade of red on.

Old 02-04-2020, 08:07 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,488,320 times
I'm so happy that Mahomes and Reid and Company beat the San Francisco 40-Whiners in the 54th Super Bowl. Richard Sherman can just munch on some grass and dirt. He's caused more grief towards the Seattle Seahawks, Pete Carroll all the 12's and the entire Seahawk organization for basically no reason that for him ta get a Super Bowl ring with the Whiners well, it, it just wouldn't be right.

Fine comeback from Patrick - he's a great one already. We've got a pretty good one in Russell Wilson - RW loves to bring the Hawks back late in the game. He's a future Hall of Famer who should have more than one ring right now. That call at the end that said that Green Bay made a first down so they could run out the clock was bogus. Carroll was right - it was a bad call. The ball was at least 2 feet short of the first down marker. I have a positive feeling that RW would've moved us down the field for the go-ahead TD and we'd have been in the NFC Conference Final then against the 40-Whiners.

Anyhoo- coulda - shoulda - woulda - I lived in Grandview, MO, for a year and liked my time in KC. I am really happy for all of you all there in KC. Enjoy the festivities. It's really hard ta repeat the next year and get another ring but the KC Chiefs have as good a chance as anybody in the AFC ta do that.

Old 02-04-2020, 12:45 PM

6,814 posts, read 11,531,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VietInKC View Post
The haters on Facebook were having a field day with this one. I think for most Kansas Citians, gaffes like this are a common occurence, worthy of perhaps an eye roll but not much else. I still remember arriving at KCI once and having the flight attendant tell us “Welcome to Kansas.”

In any event, I was in high school for Super Bowl IV and am on Medicare for LIV. I hope we don’t have to wait for another 50 years. Yay, Chiefs!

Old 02-04-2020, 02:42 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
The haters on Facebook were having a field day with this one. I think for most Kansas Citians, gaffes like this are a common occurence, worthy of perhaps an eye roll but not much else. I still remember arriving at KCI once and having the flight attendant tell us “Welcome to Kansas.”
That happened on a flight I was on the Sunday before the Super Bowl. I was flying in from Miami (wishing I had been in Miami a week LATER) and the pilot/flight attendant both commented on the Chiefs being in the Super Bowl and said "Welcome to Kansas." My husband said, "If we're landing in Kansas, something's wrong..."

I bet that pilot and flight attendant had been saying the same thing every flight from Miami to KC. And I bet they know better now!

Old 02-04-2020, 02:53 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
Quote:
There will be parade and a rally. In 2015, 800,000 gathered downtown near Union Station for the rally and it looked as blue as the ocean that day. However, you can bet that this year, at least 1 million will show up and you'll struggle to find anyone that does not have a shade of red on.
I was at the World Series parade. The weather was perfect, but I had to wait in line an hour to use a port-a-potty. I read in the plans for the parade route, etc., released this morning, that there are going to be 700 port-a-potties along the parade route. If there are a million people, then 1400+ people will share each port-a-potty?

I wonder how much the weather will affect the turnout? I know diehard Chiefs fans think nothing of braving cold temperatures and bad weather for hours on end. I am not one of those. I can handle heat. If it were 100 degrees, I'd be there. If it's cold and maybe snowing, probably not. But then not everyone is as averse to cold as I am.

Local news told people to be prepared to walk because they are not going to be able to park close, and to be prepared to stand in the cold for hours.

Old 02-04-2020, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I was at the World Series parade. The weather was perfect, but I had to wait in line an hour to use a port-a-potty. I read in the plans for the parade route, etc., released this morning, that there are going to be 700 port-a-potties along the parade route. If there are a million people, then 1400+ people will share each port-a-potty?

I wonder how much the weather will affect the turnout? I know diehard Chiefs fans think nothing of braving cold temperatures and bad weather for hours on end. I am not one of those. I can handle heat. If it were 100 degrees, I'd be there. If it's cold and maybe snowing, probably not. But then not everyone is as averse to cold as I am.

Local news told people to be prepared to walk because they are not going to be able to park close, and to be prepared to stand in the cold for hours.
It will be interesting to see the turnout. I still think it will be at least as crowded as in 2015. The two factors will be of course the weather and a minor one: the coronavirus scare. The parking situation will be interesting though depending how frosty the weather gets. People parked anywhere they could in 2015 but this time around it might be different.

Old 02-04-2020, 10:32 PM

165 posts, read 142,933 times
Quote:
It will be interesting to see the turnout. I still think it will be at least as crowded as in 2015. The two factors will be of course the weather and a minor one: the coronavirus scare. The parking situation will be interesting though depending how frosty the weather gets. People parked anywhere they could in 2015 but this time around it might be different.
I really doubt if the Coronavirus will impact the parade at all. It's the furthest thing from most people's mind (or at least should be - the flu kills orders of magnitude more people). The biggest thing limiting people at the Chief's parade will be memories of the Royals Parade and all the hassles that involved. The weather won't help but most people I've talked to simply tell me they are not going through that again (that being the 800,000 people that showed up for the Royals celebration).

Old 02-04-2020, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Retiree View Post
I really doubt if the Coronavirus will impact the parade at all. It's the furthest thing from most people's mind (or at least should be - the flu kills orders of magnitude more people). The biggest thing limiting people at the Chief's parade will be memories of the Royals Parade and all the hassles that involved. The weather won't help but most people I've talked to simply tell me they are not going through that again (that being the 800,000 people that showed up for the Royals celebration).
I actually did not think about that. Makes me doubt the attendance numbers now. I just thought since it's the Chiefs and not the Royals this time, people would go through all that again and perhaps be done with it if either team win the coveted trophy in the future. I'm slow so I just read the dude in Lawrence tested negative for the virus so it probably won't be a factor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City