U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 10:49 AM

3,098 posts, read 7,128,989 times

Advertisements

a friend of mine is loking for one that isnt

she is looking for ones that preach the gospel like Charles Stanley or Chuck Smith or Alistair Begg or Chuck Swindoll do

and none of the seeker-sensitive or emergent or rick warren prupose driven churches

my friend dont like that stuff

Churches - Rapture Ready
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 10:19 PM

1,784 posts, read 1,915,789 times
Village Presbyterian -- heart of Mission Hills/ Prairie Village, 67th & Mission Road

True mainline protestantism, the scriptures without politics, and none of this "evangelical Christianity" that has evolved since the '80s. Old School protestants, the true America. Zero politics, all Christ is Love. Soft sell.

Old 06-21-2008, 03:46 PM

say anyone heard of a church called Christ Fellowship of KC

it is run by a guy named Jim Elliff

anyone have any info on it

Old 06-24-2008, 12:47 AM

359 posts, read 1,779,004 times
Allistair Begg, Chuck Swindoll are not soft sell. They give ya something to chew on.

When you say "no seeker sensitive" stuff, Do you want hymms as well or do you want contemporary praise and worship?

Old 06-26-2008, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmflan View Post
Allistair Begg, Chuck Swindoll are not soft sell. They give ya something to chew on.

When you say "no seeker sensitive" stuff, Do you want hymms as well or do you want contemporary praise and worship?

I have no problem with hymns or contemporary praise and worship

when I mean seeker-sensitive, I mean a watered down sermon like Joel Osteen and Bill Hybels preach

that is what seeker-sensitive means.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:16 AM

359 posts, read 1,779,004 times
I understand completely. What about children? You looking for family integrated, completely seperate youth church, or something in between?

One of the best churches, especially teaching-wise, is Westbrooke Church on 95th street in Overland Park. Sound doctrine, sticks to the Bible, good mix of contemporary music while still using old hymns. Children are welcomed, not just "tolerated", and Sunday School is provided for chuldren and adults.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:47 PM

6 posts, read 17,674 times
We attend Gloria Dei Lutheran on 72nd St off of I29. We tried many other churches, but felt "called" back to that church. Great people, great youth program.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:44 AM

1 posts, read 6,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
I have no problem with hymns or contemporary praise and worship

when I mean seeker-sensitive, I mean a watered down sermon like Joel Osteen and Bill Hybels preach

that is what seeker-sensitive means.
Hi billiefan2000,

I just saw your post. We go to World Revival Church in Kansas City, MO. We moved here from Minnesota just to join this church.

You may have seen our pastors's TV show (The Steve & Kathy Show) at 8:30 am Sundays on KCWE 29 Kansas City. Here's the website, too: Steve and Kathy Gray - Funny Christian Television

If you're sick of watered-down religion, You'll enjoy watching the show online or on TV. And your friend will be happy at World Revival Church.

Steve

Old 07-22-2009, 03:47 PM

13 posts, read 31,784 times
There are so many nuances between churches. I would suggest they move to town, get comfortable with their surroundings and use the suggestions of folks they meet. There may be one that suits them 5 minutes from their house, or they may have to drive 35 minutes to find one. With so many factors like quality of children/youth programs etc. they should take their time.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:28 PM

3 posts, read 9,239 times
Default Good Teaching Church

There is a guy in Kansas City, oh he's got to be 30's but he is a heck of a teacher, and can he preach. He gets a little caught up, but he's good. He can explain he has a service on Tuesday night and he talks on topics like anger, finance, and he does it from a bibical stand point. My friends brother goes to this church 3544 Prospect Christ Fellowship Baptist. Now he did a funeral I was at about a couple of weeks ago, and man he told those people the word of God flat foot. My friend gave me his web page [URL="http://www.swwalker.com"]www.swwalker.com[/URL] He starts church at 9:20am in on Sundays, and 7:15pm on Tuesdays Check the guy out you will like him!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City