U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2008, 01:17 PM

10 posts, read 43,684 times

Advertisements

Good afternoon.

I currently live on the Kansas side in the suburbs, but am wanting to change it up a little bit and move in with a good friend of mine to a loft downtown.

A while ago, we were shown around 'The Star Lofts' right across the street from the KC Star building, but I can't remember what company runs the property? Any information on that? This would be greatly appreciated as we were very impressed with the spaces that were being built.

We are also soon going to check out a loft for rent in the West Bottoms at 12th Street & Liberty. Any 'pre-visit information' on this area or what building this apartment is in?

Our budget is probably right around $800-$900. We would also consider spaces for rent in the Midtown/Westport area.

Thanks in advance!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 05:05 PM

24 posts, read 117,615 times
Kansas City Lofts :: Star Lofts

The Star Lofts are pretty nice and cheap too. The only bad thing about being right in that area is there are a decent amount of stabbings and shootings for that area. Its because of the Valero gas station right there gets a lot of bad foot traffic and there are a couple of ghetto clubs right in that area. My wife works at the KC Star and we live downtown so I hear about all that goes on in the area. A good, cool place to live is the River Market area. There is a company called Nicholson Group that owns a lot of the loft in the river market area and even though most of them are for sale, you can also rent them for a pretty good price since sales are down. I would stay away from living in the West Bottoms. Even though it is a awesome area, there are a lot of harmful chemicals in the air from some of the industrial plants down there. I looked into buying a large old brick building that was very cheap and so I did my research and talked to a few people and found out that info so I didn't end up buying it. Check into the Stewart Loft in the Crossroads district, I have a few friends that live there and they are really cool.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:06 PM

24 posts, read 117,615 times
Sorry, Stuart Hall Lofts is what I meant

Old 10-23-2008, 11:17 AM

Thanks for the help, I'll look into the Stuart Hall suggestion you proposed.

I can't find anything on The Star Lofts as far as who leases them, been working with computers for a long time and even I can't bring anything up through search results. I guess I might just have to wander downtown sometime soon and find out for myself .

Thanks again. Any other advice/suggestions anyone else would like to add, feel free!

Old 11-05-2008, 04:38 PM

4 posts, read 24,915 times
Hey the star lofts are managed by old town south 816 842 1424 hope this helps

Old 11-10-2008, 03:48 PM

Helps a TON! I Google'd just about every term I could think of but couldn't find any information as to who to get ahold of regarding those particular spaces. I'm sure their built-date has something to do with it.

Much thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City