Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 03:47 PM

792 posts, read 1,176,147 times

Advertisements

Hello*
I've lived in Overland Park in an apartment for 4 years. I pay $600 per month and figure that's a waste. I want to buy a little house of my own for around $55,000 or 60,000 because I want low payments so I have money to fix or replace things plus I am a DIY'er.
But where? I know not to live near Prospect but that's about all I know. I don't want to be tricked by a realtor into buying in an extremely unsafe neighborhood.
I sure would appreciate any help. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2007, 04:08 PM

24 posts, read 151,245 times
If you want to stay in Kansas, you could consider the Bonner Springs or Edwardsville areas in western Wyandotte County. It is generally a safe area, and there are some older and smaller homes available. Or, you could live in southern Leavenworth county in Basehor or one of the other little communities. That part of the metro is poised for a growth spurt, so any home you buy should increase in value. Or, you could consider western Johnson County and check out DeSoto. There are some smaller, older homes in that community, despite the fact that a number of new homes are being built as well. Or, if you want to consider Missouri, there are many possibilities, such as Excelsior Springs or other communities on the outskirts of the metro. I'm not as familiar with 50K-60K homes in KCMO in terms of which areas are safe and which are not.

Old 02-19-2007, 06:35 PM

Thank you, I appreciate your help. I'll look into these areas.

Old 02-21-2007, 05:14 AM

10 posts, read 95,356 times
Default Kck

if you look into KCK there are some very safe nice areas around several of the Catholic churches these are typically older communities. Primarly the whole neighborhood is pretty good these pockets. I grew up near Saint Peter's Cathedral. The Mayor of KCK lives in this area as well. their is West Height those hoses very old not sure of the prices but are revered as some of the favorite homes when the Metro has home tours. There is also some very nice areas still near Strawberry hill. again a very older catholic neighborhood.

Old 02-21-2007, 06:09 PM

Thank you! I am so glad for the help. I will search this out further.

Old 02-23-2007, 09:12 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawter View Post
Hello*
I've lived in Overland Park in an apartment for 4 years. I pay $600 per month and figure that's a waste. I want to buy a little house of my own for around $55,000 or 60,000 because I want low payments so I have money to fix or replace things plus I am a DIY'er.
But where? I know not to live near Prospect but that's about all I know. I don't want to be tricked by a realtor into buying in an extremely unsafe neighborhood.
I sure would appreciate any help. Thanks.
Your sentence about Prospect confuses me. The Prospect i know of is in Mo. I wouldn't want anyone i know to move anywhere in KCKS. Even though there are a few good areas. Overall there is a major amount of crime in the KCKS Area. You can get killed, mugged or carjacked just going to and from home to retail locations. I am sure there are more good people over that way than bad people but there are more bad people over that way overall than anywhere in the Kansas City Metro area. Indian Springs shopping Center is still open but pretty much defunct due to crime. The Police have even sat up a police station right in the shopping center but people still get mugged and i remember a woman getting killed by a carjacker in the parking lot just outside the police station. Depending on where you work i would look at commuting from the Mo side and you will get more house for the money. I am very confident that if you ask anyone in the metro area that does not live in KCKS that 99% will tell you that it is a good place to get killed and don't go there let alone live there!

Old 02-23-2007, 04:58 PM

The only thing I meant about Prospect is that it seems to be listed on the news for having some kind of crime committed continually. I wasn't intentionally trying to disrespect anyone.
I agree with everything you said.
Thank you so much for replying.

Old 08-04-2013, 11:39 PM

226 posts, read 267,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawter View Post
The only thing I meant about Prospect is that it seems to be listed on the news for having some kind of crime committed continually. I wasn't intentionally trying to disrespect anyone.
I agree with everything you said.
Thank you so much for replying.

Obviously some people can't handle the truth. That's how we ended up with all this PC NONSENSE which is a very poor substitute for TRUTH.

Yes, Prospect is somewhere to stay away from. TRUTH

Old 08-05-2013, 06:26 AM

5,716 posts, read 4,682,005 times
This is a 6 year old thread. Truth.

Old 08-06-2013, 07:21 AM

226 posts, read 267,543 times
TRUE and in the 6 intervening years Prospect is still someplace to stay away from
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City