Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 11:21 PM

245 posts, read 1,272,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
For starters, these buildings were built long before they were converted into living space. That means there is going to be exterior plumbing... I've seen many with the high ceiling and exposed floor joists for the trendy loft look. There's nothing to insulate those sounds. Add that to the fact that it is in the middle of a city.... It's not conducive to quietness if that's what you prefer. Downtown is revitalizing. When buildings go down, others go up, and some get gutted and redone, it makes noise.
There's a HUGE difference between "city noise" like honking horns, trucks, sirens, etc. VS. hearing your neighbors use the bathroom. I've never had to listen to neighbors using the bathroom, but I have been forced to listen to neighbors have sex and lemme tell ya... ...it gets old really fast. Most people learn to sleep through "city noises," but sleeping through other people's hookups can be next to impossible.

A well designed multi-housing project will take into account the issue of noise abatement between units. A poorly designed multi-housing project will not consider the issue of noise abatement. And when a developer cheaps out on things like noise abatement, you can bet they're cheaping out on a lot of other things too. I suppose if nothing else potential buyers should inquire into whether or not the noise is being corrected. They should do this with an architect, and NEVER take the word of a commissioned salesperson or even the developer for that matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 11:27 PM

245 posts, read 1,272,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoftyTalk View Post
It's true, there are some people who can't deal with change. Upgrading and improving any property downtown is a great thing on so many levels... It's revitalizing, it's green, it's productive... it elevates the entire community. I wonder what it would be like to have the tunnel vision that can't see past the sawdust. And, if they were jackhammering from 9 to 5 every day, I assure you the entire project would be reduced to rubble by now! Alls I'm saying is why do people criticize progress?
I don't hear anyone criticizing progress... I hear tenants being treated like garbage by their landlord.

The sign of a true slumlord is how badly they treat their tenants. Entrapment in a lease with penalties is almost always the sign that you're dealing with a slumlord.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:21 PM

1 posts, read 3,330 times
Tonden,
I'd be interested in any information you have. I'm looking to rent downtown for 6-7 months while I manage a construction project.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,947 times
I would NOT recommend renting or purchasing a condo from Embassy Properties to anyone. If you would like to know what people really think of these properties, pop in one without someone from the leasing office with you and you'll get an earful. If you are considering moving here consider the following.

If there is a problem and you call the office to get something fixed do you expect it to be taken care of after one call? If the answer is yes, try somewhere else. Nothing will ever get fixed in your apartment. When you call back multiple times, they do the blame game. It is always someone else's fault. When something is fixed, it is a quick fix...nothing for duration.If you want to lie in bed at night and hear every word of your neighbor's conversation on their cell phone, this is a great place! You want to hear them blow their nose, or scratch their back...again great place! The walls are that thin you really can hear everything. Do you like getting stuck in the elevator? Again, great place. Most every one that lives in an Embassy Property any length of time has been stuck in an elevator ranging from 20 minutes to 3 hours. Why would this happen? Money. Instead of spending the money to fix the elevators properly they do it the cheapest way possible which of course we all know doesn't fix anything in the long run. The elevators look brand new? Well they are not, they have been remodeled too! If there is ever a fire at an Embassy Building everyone will burn up. Why? Everyone is so use to the fire alarms going off for hours at a time, no one leaves their apartments ever. So if an alarm is ever legitimate there will be lives lost.

Embassy Properties are in business to make money. Who can blame them? Isn't that typical? Yes, but they have made millions by quick flips. Doing the minimum to make a good presentation that unfortunately you don't realize what you are in for until you are here. I would suspect that anyone that is leaving positive feedback about this company or it's properties is an employee, relative or just someone that doesn't have enough experience with the company or it's management (the new, old or older management). The management changes frequently...again "pass the buck."

You must do your homework before spending your hard earned dollars with this company. Don't take my posting for it...ask around. Don't ask the leasing agents, their Real Estate agent (the owner's daughter) or people they tell you to ask. Would you put a bad reference on YOUR resume? No. They don't either.

Old 04-16-2009, 05:48 PM

9 posts, read 21,880 times
My sister lived in the Library Lofts in 2006. We were able to get her out of her lease early, due to medical issues, with no problem what-so-ever. Her loft was also very quiet...more so even than my old apartment in Southern OP. That is the only experience I've had with that particular company though.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:13 AM

1 posts, read 2,564 times
Considering moving to the Soho West Lofts. Any new comments on the property and the management?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
View detailed profiles of: