Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2007, 07:20 AM

25 posts, read 85,585 times

Advertisements

I had another question for you guys. How is your mass transit system. The one in Detroit is horrible and I also heard kansas city approved a light rail system is that true? Thanks for any info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2007, 10:02 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
I haven't heard any real complaints overall. I haven't been in touch with anyone that uses it. Spotty locations to be picked up on the outer edges.
Yes they passed a light rail plan; BUT! It will be yrs from now. Do not include it with your decisions.

Old 05-12-2007, 04:11 PM

25 posts, read 85,585 times
So the light rail will not built for a while? I was hoping it would be within the next five year?

Old 05-12-2007, 04:24 PM

2 posts, read 6,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdave View Post
I had another question for you guys. How is your mass transit system. The one in Detroit is horrible and I also heard kansas city approved a light rail system is that true? Thanks for any info.
the mass transit is okay, its the people that are running it that are the pitts. the transit [ata] needs new people to run it, like all companies stuck with same people for years, it has become stagnant...

Old 05-13-2007, 11:15 PM

2 posts, read 7,801 times
I've got several friends who use it every day, in both a regular scheduled sense as well as a casual sense - the buses on main north and south streets run every 15 minutes I think. If you want to save money, live in North East - independance avenue and gladstone - that whole area will remind you of parts of brooklyn or long island city

Old 05-13-2007, 11:17 PM

2 posts, read 7,801 times
Oh wait for somereason I thought you said you were from New York, nevermind about that nyc reference. If you want to make use of the mass transit, think about living between the river and 80th street, southside of the river, and don't even think about a light rail

Old 07-06-2007, 12:30 AM

13 posts, read 38,300 times
Default MAX is close to light rail

in frequency/experience. Don't wait for light rail but the next best thing is already here...but you're best off living near the line it runs 21 hours a day4:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m...seven days a week...

Old 07-31-2007, 10:45 AM

6 posts, read 33,868 times
dont hold your breathe. doubt light rail will ever run here. as far as bus riding. dont live in the south side if are going to relie on bus service.

Old 07-31-2007, 07:03 PM

14 posts, read 82,031 times
Unfortunately, I don't see light rail actually being put here anytime soon (yes, it passed, but there is no money for it & people are still fighting it left & right... morons, IMO).

I don't know much about the mass transit system... I'm sure it works as well as any other mass transit BUS system.

I recommend you buy a nice little GAS friendly car. You will be MUCH happier (at least until we SOMEDAY HOPEFULLY get a light rail system).

Old 08-27-2007, 11:25 AM

24 posts, read 38,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkay88 View Post
Unfortunately, I don't see light rail actually being put here anytime soon (yes, it passed, but there is no money for it & people are still fighting it left & right... morons, IMO).

I don't know much about the mass transit system... I'm sure it works as well as any other mass transit BUS system.

I recommend you buy a nice little GAS friendly car. You will be MUCH happier (at least until we SOMEDAY HOPEFULLY get a light rail system).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well said! The people who always voted down the light rail are indeed morons!
They are still fighting over the light rail system that got voted in. I will be amazed if it ever gets built. If it does it will go WAY over budget. BTW, the city bus drivers are inconsiderate morons. They drive like crap, they cut people off, never use directionals and they run red lights constantly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
View detailed profiles of: