Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2007, 02:28 AM

1 posts, read 37,795 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any fun date ideas for the Kansas City area (keeping in mind that my girlfriend is not 21 yet, so could not get into bars and such)? I feel like I am starting to run dry on fun, interesting things to do when we go out.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 08:03 PM

1 posts, read 34,897 times
Well, I don't know what you two have already done or anything. The KC Symphony is getting pretty good. Lots of fun times always happen at "Celebration at the Station" over Memorial Weekend. Try walking around parkville perhaps. I have the same problem. Good luck!

Old 04-20-2009, 09:34 PM

822 posts, read 2,034,439 times
Cool Crest on 40 highway in Independence. They have miniature golf and go-karts.

If you really like go-karts, Sadler's in Olathe has an indoor racing track with much faster karts than Cool Crest.

How about a Royals game? The stadium's been renovated, I hear it's nice.

Go to Jardine's on Main Street, get something to eat, listen to some jazz. Or the Majestic on Broadway(?). They used to occasionally feature a guy named Bram Wejands(sp pronounced "Y-nanz") who could play pretty much anything.

Take in one of the playhouses. I've only been to the American Theater in Crown Center--it's good. More on Quality Hill I think.

The Zoo. I used to always enjoy going to the zoo.

First Friday's in the Crossroads district draws a lot of people. Lots of art, etc. I have not been to this--have only heard good things about it. But then again, it doesn't happen again until the first Friday in May.

Hit the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art or the Nelson Atkins Art Museum.

Go feast on fried chicken at Stroud's in Fairway or steaks at Plaza III or Ruth's Chris or stir fry at GoJo's on Broadway. Or try the chicken nachos at Rudy's on 43rd street. You'll only need one order for two people. Or get a hamburger at the Westport Flea Market.

Go pick up a Pitch magazine or KC Star on Thursday and see what's in it that sounds interesting.

Pick up a JAM (Jazz Ambassador's Magazine) and see who's playing where.

There are TONS of things to do. I haven't even scratched the surface.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City