U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2009, 11:45 AM

7 posts, read 29,591 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a good place for an anniversary party. I've looked at the typical reception places, but was hoping to find a large clubhouse in the Northland. I know of Waukomis, Staley Farms, the the Coves. Are there any others that you could suggest? Thank you!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 10:48 AM

5,763 posts, read 10,543,586 times
I actually just went through this and live in the Northland as well.

Clubhouses require that you live in the neighborhood. So if you arent a homeowner, you would need someone that is to rent it for you.

I did some research the best place I found was O'Dowd's in Zona Rosa. They have 3 private rooms that hold either 25, 50, or 100 people.

It doesnt cost anything, they just ask that the total bill for the room is atleast $500.

Their website is Welcome to O'Dowds Little Dublin

Old 01-21-2009, 10:25 AM

Not necessarily true, the Coves rents to anyone as I'm sure other do. Between family and friends, I bet we could find someone we know in a specific neighborhood!
I love O'Douds, but my father (the guest of honor) does not. Thanks though!

Old 01-21-2009, 11:16 AM

5,763 posts, read 10,543,586 times
I didnt call the Coves but I know Staley Farms requires you to be a homeowner as does Waukomis.

Do you know how much the Coves charges?

Old 01-23-2009, 12:07 PM

I don't know how much the Coves is, but a friend rented it for her daughters graduation party and didn't have to have a resident rent it for her. I keep saying Waukomis, but I mean Weatherby - I'm sorry. It's $350 on a Saturday and you have to pay for a cop if you serve alcohol. But anyone can rent it.
I have actually decided to have the party at the Shoal Creek Golf Course Clubhouse. I was very impressed with it. The ballroom is $700 for rental plus $3000 in catering for a Sat night. But I have rented a smaller room and it's $150 and guest can flow into the lounge/bar area.
You mentioned O'Douds private room and many places also have one. For anyone reading that might need a place, here are just a few... Cascone's, Brio (on the Plaza, but it wasn't priced too high), Figlio (also the Plaza), & Smokehouse.
Thanks for your help!

Old 01-28-2009, 12:03 AM

740 posts, read 1,961,658 times
You might check out the Elms in Excelsior Springs..

Old 02-03-2009, 02:24 PM

I've thought of it, but a quick glance at the website leads me to believe it will be out of our price range. Do you live in Excelsior?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City