Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2008, 11:54 AM

2 posts, read 5,420 times

Advertisements

Aloha! I am Urban Amish; (Anabaptist Author Paul Andrew Anderson): I'm new to City-Data Forum but am hopeful it will be fruitful. I am a part of an emerging collective of Anabaptist's that have much in common with Amish and Mennonites, except for small differences, such as photos not being graven images (as Amish interpret that). We also speak only English and do not consider any human language to be better or worse than another. But we're conservative and believe that we need to be as separated from the worldly as it is possible.

We believe that a transformed Soul results in a radical lifestyle change; to take on the mind of Christ (to be Christ-centric): But how that "separation from the worldly" manifests, is where we differ slightly from the Amish and others. We believe that a connection to/with the worldly, is accomplished more with our spending (i.e: shopping for China-made junk at big-box retailers), than with a power line coming into our homes or wearing denim: The economic link is more damaging than listening to Christian radio! We believe that our lifestyle can honor God and still be inviting to all. We believe in the "buy local" paradigm; we are horse and buggy, off-grid, build our own homes and grow our own organic foods and master animal husbandry. We are non-evangelical and so we are not here to recruit, just to share and connect, if that is acceptable!

This thread is to share (w/you) what we're doing (and attempting to do) in the Jamesport MO region (AnabaptistEcovillage.org); to make connections with other like-minded people's; to get opinions and suggestions from others here: But please, only from those with first-hand knowledge; only from the emotionally mature and thoughtful (i.e: if you are a hate-monger, no matter how subtle you may present yourself, please do not use this forum thread to belittle, condemn or humiliate). No group can be judged by the actions of the few! Not everyone who claims to be Christian, are Saved (and thus, will not behave as Christ)! Thank you and God Bless!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 11:43 AM

3 posts, read 7,890 times
I think you have a wonderful idea. For the past few years I've had several acquaintances talking about intentional communities but none of the ones I've looked at seemed like what I was looking for - until I googled Intentional Communities and found yours. What a blessing! I've been looking for a community of believers for a long time and hope to hear more about your community.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:39 AM

Default Trying to contact...............

I have been trying to contact someone about the AnabaptistEcovillage via their website but have been unable to get the e-mail to go through. Could someone please contact me via backtotheland1@hotmail.com Thank you.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:08 AM

2 posts, read 5,420 times
Please visit the Contact page of:

http://home.doramail.com/AnabaptistEcovillage

Or its mirror site at:

http://PaulAndrewAnderson.org/AE.html

You will have to copy/paste into your browser; no link-generating function available here; sorry!

Old 02-20-2009, 05:23 AM

Default Help!

I have pasted the address you gave me into my browser and sent a detailed message as my friend Jamie sent a message and got a response. I, however, as yet have not gotten a response. I'm beginning to think there is something wrong with my e-mail. If someone could send me information via snail mail it would be greatly appreciated. My name and address is:

Modcut-info deleted due to privacy concern- DM your contact info to the appropriate individual please.Thank you so much.

Last edited by GraniteStater; 02-23-2009 at 02:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City