Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 05:56 AM

2 posts, read 26,360 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone.
I currently reside in Columbus,Ohio,but I will be relcoating from Columbus very soon.I have chosen some cities that I would be seriously interested in relocating to...and Kansas City is one of them.I read some of the posted messages in the Kansas City Forum about Life in Kansas City;Most of the posted messages I read were extremely helpful(Jobs,Neighbourhoods etc.),in influencing my decision about K.C..However,I didn't recall reading any messages posted in the Forum,about being single in Kansas City!?!?

I myself Have been single for a long time,due to my work schedule here in Columbus.
Although I do enjoy my work(I travel a lot),I have made the decision to give the Dating game a second chance.
As you all know,I'm seriously considering relocating to Kansas City and what I am curious about knowing is what the Dating scene in Kansas City is like.I am also curious to know about what single women are like in Kansas City.
Since this is a Forum About Life in Kansas City and the many opinions about K.C.,I'm hoping for a lot of responses,due to my inquiry about dating/single women In Kansas City.
Since I have never been to Kansas City just yet,I would like to know what to expect,when it comes to dating/single women in Kansas City.

Thanks to whomever has read my post and I look forward to hearing your replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2007, 04:55 PM

83 posts, read 397,289 times
Based on initial observations, I'd check out the Plaza area bars/lounges to pick up the prime choices of women in KCMO. If you are looking for classy, more put together ladies, this is my choice. I say this b/c I went out to Westport this past weekend and was not impressed AT ALL. VERY average looking women of all types, a post-college frat/sorority atmosphere, and seemed to be a lot of locals who spent most of the night either joined at the hip with females (not even bf/gf, just dude blocking if they saw an outsider attempting to make conversation with on of their local female) or girls just out looking to score free drinks. Just one man's opinion though.

Old 06-17-2007, 08:57 AM

91 posts, read 250,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdue1906 View Post
Based on initial observations, I'd check out the Plaza area bars/lounges to pick up the prime choices of women in KCMO. If you are looking for classy, more put together ladies, this is my choice. I say this b/c I went out to Westport this past weekend and was not impressed AT ALL. VERY average looking women of all types, a post-college frat/sorority atmosphere, and seemed to be a lot of locals who spent most of the night either joined at the hip with females (not even bf/gf, just dude blocking if they saw an outsider attempting to make conversation with on of their local female) or girls just out looking to score free drinks. Just one man's opinion though.
You have hit the nail on the head.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:06 AM

5 posts, read 82,390 times
Default Good luck

You may be in for a shock as far as dating goes.
There was an article in the local newspaper last year that showed out of the top 80 best US cities to live in if you're a single person - Kansas City finished in dead last position.
The other fellow that replied seems to have a pretty good call on the matter. I see a lot of women here complaining about the lack of quality when it comes to men here.
Unlike Dallas for example where you have a certain amount of turnover of people moving in and out of the area over time, this city doesn't seem to do that.
The guys here mostly grew up here. I suspect they've heard the local women's dis-satisfaction with them and they've realized it's easier to protect their turf than it is to change.
It's kinda like how fat women say, " It's wrong to like a woman for how she looks. You should be attracted to me for what's inside - not what's outside." They realized it was easier to shame guys by saying that than it is to quit eating with a shovel and lose weight.
I wish you luck dude, especially if you're over 40. Unlike TX where you can make a friend in just about any bar you go into, it's not that way here. Ppl are friendly enough mind you but only up to a point. They seem to have their little clicks or groups that they stick to and aren't as "open armed" to newcomers as ppl back home.
I'd have to be blind to not have noticed that the cute to good-looking, average to thin weight women here are in short supply when compared to the ones in the Dallas/Fort Worth area where they're plentiful. I suppose the guys here may feel somewhat threatened to lose the few they have if that makes any sense.
Least that's why I've figured out from being here a year now.
There you have it.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:40 PM

2 posts, read 24,400 times
As I said on a previous another thread of this nature, try finding a gentleman who is single and decent, when you are a 57-yr. old female - almost impossible in Kansas City!

Old 01-31-2008, 01:52 PM

1 posts, read 20,361 times
Talking Single Scene Sucks in KCMO

My problem is the other way around from what the men said above. Even being a 23 yo attractive (athletic- and have modeled) female- it's hard to meet any quality single people. I'm recently single, so some girlfriends have been taking me out -and other than a casual fling (that I wouldn't normally be attracted to for more than a day) I haven't really noticed anything worth keeping (of course- the midwest standard- is be married right after college- and I'm not in a hurry to get married- so all I seem to meet are men already married (no thanks) or men who are in a hurry to get married or men who are older and not married for an obvious reason) lol. I still can't talk myself into trying internet dating... ugh. So- the whole point of this reply- is dating in the midwest sucks ..... Sorry- for the bad news. Good luck tho! As a city- I enjoy KC and the downtown is growing. As an artist- I love the art district and it's nice being able to walk around the city at night. A little small- but not too bad for a laid back place.

Old 01-31-2008, 02:15 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,380,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpatten01 View Post
(that I wouldn't normally be attracted to for more than a day)
When you find out he's not a doctor?

Old 01-31-2008, 03:44 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
I suggest that you move to a metro area that has a greater amount of in-migration from other areas. Some good choices would be Dallas/Ft. Worth, Atlanta, Seattle, Chicago, Denver, New York, Houston, and Raleigh/Durham.
Those areas tend to have greater concentrations of single people, and a wider range of diversity/backgrounds as well.
For some reason a lot of people get married younger in the Plains and Midwest compared with other regions. Also, a lot of younger people tend to congregate in the College towns near the metro areas.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:50 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,380,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plains10 View Post
I suggest that you move to a metro area that has a greater amount of in-migration from other areas. Some good choices would be Dallas/Ft. Worth, Atlanta, Seattle, Chicago, Denver, New York, Houston, and Raleigh/Durham.
Those areas tend to have greater concentrations of single people, and a wider range of diversity/backgrounds as well.
For some reason a lot of people get married younger in the Plains and Midwest compared with other regions. Also, a lot of younger people tend to congregate in the College towns near the metro areas.
I agree with Plains. It's more of a quantity of singles that's indicative. As far as the quality.... nobody's perfect.

Old 02-04-2008, 04:00 AM

82 posts, read 275,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandboy251 View Post
Hello everyone.
I currently reside in Columbus,Ohio,but I will be relcoating from Columbus very soon.I have chosen some cities that I would be seriously interested in relocating to...and Kansas City is one of them.I read some of the posted messages in the Kansas City Forum about Life in Kansas City;Most of the posted messages I read were extremely helpful(Jobs,Neighbourhoods etc.),in influencing my decision about K.C..However,I didn't recall reading any messages posted in the Forum,about being single in Kansas City!?!?

I myself Have been single for a long time,due to my work schedule here in Columbus.
Although I do enjoy my work(I travel a lot),I have made the decision to give the Dating game a second chance.
As you all know,I'm seriously considering relocating to Kansas City and what I am curious about knowing is what the Dating scene in Kansas City is like.I am also curious to know about what single women are like in Kansas City.
Since this is a Forum About Life in Kansas City and the many opinions about K.C.,I'm hoping for a lot of responses,due to my inquiry about dating/single women In Kansas City.
Since I have never been to Kansas City just yet,I would like to know what to expect,when it comes to dating/single women in Kansas City.

Thanks to whomever has read my post and I look forward to hearing your replies.
There are numerous areas really. The Plaza and Westport would be the areas that harbor the most singles at any given time. The Power & Light district surely will be also when it's open. I'd say you'll find it's the same here as anywhere really. It can be a very frustrating process and meeting someone that has issues that you can deal with (not an alcoholic or weighed down with the usual baggage) be difficult. Probably sounds familiar because it's a universal problem.

I've been through it a million times and find it difficult to meet women who don't do the bar scene, value a little face time with a book, or aren't more fascinated with what you have rather than who you are. The last one is really big for me because, although I do make a higher than average wage, I don't get hung up on things like cars and the like. I'm very practical and consider those things bad investments and a waste of money so when a lady starts going on about her lust for those things I make like Gump and run like the wind blows. Getting into debt. to keep up with the soon to be bankrupt Jones's isn't my cup and meeting ladies that share the same mindset is difficult. If those are ideals you value then you'll find K.C. is difficult but no more so than anyplace else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City