Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 05:10 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,536,261 times

Advertisements

This weather is insane. Park Hill has already cancelled for Thursday and Friday. Im sure most others have. I think Summer break might be a tad bit shorter this year when all is said and done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 01:17 PM

448 posts, read 1,458,095 times
Yeah, I'm so glad I'm a stay at home mommy now. I can't imagine trying to figure out what to do with kids if I had to go to work.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:32 PM

36 posts, read 114,542 times
I know right! This is just insane. I live in KC city limits and my road has not see one snow plow, salt, or sand truck through the whole thing. It is just crazy. I am not a huge winter fan but this is rediculous. I am not a big fan of snow either but the temp and wind today are killing me. I feel 90 years old. And of course I am the only one who made it to the office today. Hopefully we'll thaw soon. Though it does not seem likely in the next 7 days.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:59 PM

476 posts, read 1,315,553 times
Same here in JoCo - our street has been pretty untouched. Its trash day and I doubt we'll see Deffenbaugh roll through here today.

A good day to just stay home and drink coffee.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:15 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
This is my third day of staying home and drinking coffee (employer is a school). Not that that's not lovely, but this would be a good time for me to be making some money, and if school's not in session, I don't get paid.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:03 PM

1,662 posts, read 4,501,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaMMIKC View Post
I know right! This is just insane. I live in KC city limits and my road has not see one snow plow, salt, or sand truck through the whole thing.
But wasn't the mayor on the news yesterday explaining that this was intentional and for your own benefit?

Old 01-07-2010, 03:27 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
From all outward non-plowed appearances, he's in cahoots with the mayor of Lee's Summit, too.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:02 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,871,538 times
We had 28" of a couple of weeks ago. Some streets were plowed, some not.

Yet, nobody seemed to care. It's winter you see and that' just the way it is.

It's good to see that the obsession with snow plowing in KC is still alive and well. If there was one thing that might make everybody in that city happy, it would be if KCMO could plow the streets to the same precision as Overland Park.

That's really the only real goal that metro has isn't it? The day the city of KCMO is able to plow snow as well as the KS suburbs is the day that KC has returned to a big time city.

It will come someday KC. JoCo residents won't know what to do and KCMO residents won't have to move to JoCo because they plow the streets better.

If only all of us could live in a city that plows streets as well as the JoCo suburbs of KC. It's truly the best kept secret in the nation. Keep it a secret KC, everybody will be moving to the area to experience this first class plowing that so many are so proud of.

Till then, I will visit kcstar.com and read all the smack talk about all the snow plowing.

Gotta talk about something till the next KU game comes on. haha, good day now.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:27 PM

36 posts, read 114,542 times
We have a Mayor? Are you talking about that evil looking guy always talking on TV? Huh I thought he was just some guy the station hired to talk on slow (or should I say SNOW) news days....

Old 01-08-2010, 08:41 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneKC View Post
Same here in JoCo - our street has been pretty untouched. Its trash day and I doubt we'll see Deffenbaugh roll through here today.

A good day to just stay home and drink coffee.
No Deffenbaugh Thursday or Friday - my regular pickup day is Thursday and now they say it'll be next Thursday before they will be by. I don't really blame them; no one should be out working with wind chills below zero! And...it's snowing again today. I don't really care about the streets that much. If I didn't have 4WD I seriously could not get out of my driveway, but I get around fine with 4WD.

I also heard last night that KCMO had a certain amount of $$ allotted for snow removal this winter and they have already used ALL of the money, and that's not even counting the last round of snow. They didn't mention other parts of the metro, just KCMO, but probably the same situation all over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City