Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2010, 02:44 PM

321 posts, read 1,214,130 times

Advertisements

Do any of you use ST as your cell service? I'm in a dead zone, so it's pointless to sign a contract with a provider, if I can't use the service, but need something for when I'm out and about.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2010, 05:58 PM

82 posts, read 317,889 times
I don't have Straight Talk, I have Verizon, but Straight Talk uses Verizon's Pre-paid phone lines which coverage is just slightly less than the regular Verizon Wireless. If you go onto Verizon Wireless' website and check out the coverage for pre-paid Verizon cell service, you will see the coverage is much superior than any other phone service. I live on the East Coast currently and my cousins have AT&T and they couldn't get service in Lindsborg, KS, while I have Verizon and the connection was excellent in Lindsborg. We used my phone for the call. I want to have Verizon access on a cross country road trip-not the others.

Old 07-03-2010, 09:48 PM

I went ahead and got one. Works great on the road (of course, not while driving) and for texting, even in the dead zone of our house. I don't like the phone I chose. Kinda stuck with it, though. With tax and other fees, it's $49.00/mo. for unlimited calls, text and web, with no roaming.

Old 07-30-2010, 05:58 PM

1 posts, read 3,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quesera View Post
Do any of you use ST as your cell service? I'm in a dead zone, so it's pointless to sign a contract with a provider, if I can't use the service, but need something for when I'm out and about.

Thanks!
ya, we have it here in oberlin & it works great!

Old 09-29-2010, 01:47 PM

1 posts, read 3,615 times
I use straight talk for my business line and it works very well. I highly recomend the straight talk service as i have been very happy with my experience with the straight talk service provider. Straight talk really does seem to be a cut ahead of the competition offering not only great rates but also great service.

Old 10-03-2010, 11:21 AM

792 posts, read 1,176,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvared View Post
I don't have Straight Talk, I have Verizon, but Straight Talk uses Verizon's Pre-paid phone lines which coverage is just slightly less than the regular Verizon Wireless. .
Not everyone on Straight Talk uses Verizon. Since Straight Talk leases coverage from the other cell phone company's we have less dropped calls. Nice advantage. My text and emailing comes from AT&T. My friend's is Verizon's address as he lives in Topeka
My friend in Topeka has used Straight Talk for over a year now and he likes it.

So I'm on my first month. I just went from Verizon to Straight Talk. I bought the LG420 $45 a month unlimited everything.
I had an LG before and I really liked it. Plus, going with another LG phone I didn't have to start all new figuring out how it works.
The phone choices at Straight Talk are pretty slim and don't come with much of a manual.
Mine has a SIM card in it but in the details before I bought the phone there's no mention of a SIM card. Imagine my surprise when I installed the battery and saw the SIM card. Another plus.
I make my own wallpaper and ringtones so that's all free. It's great.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:45 AM

You're right, there's not much of a selection for phones. If you go to the ST website and key in your zip code, it brings up a list of phone that would work best in your area. There were only 3 on my list, so that's what I based my phone choice on. My ex recently changed to ST because of my experience and he bought a much cheaper phone which seems to get even better reception than my Samsung, in the dead zone of our town. Go figure.

Old 10-04-2010, 05:12 PM

792 posts, read 1,176,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quesera View Post
If you go to the ST website and key in your zip code, it brings up a list of phone that would work best in your area.
I thought the reason for the zip code is so they'll know who to put you with- Verizon, AT&T, etc. I don't know this for a fact though, just my friend in Topeka and my assumption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas