Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 01:14 PM

50 posts, read 94,168 times

Advertisements

Does God say I can't own a pitbull? Everything on earth is God given. You try to talk intelligent but what your arguing about isn't. This is my last post to you . I've given my answer.

THIS ISNT A DEBATE OF GOD OR WHATS IN THE BIBLE. YOUR BELIEFS ARE WHATEVER YOU WANT TO BELIEVE IN. THAT IS A FREEDOM WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN. EVERYONE IS WELCOME HERE. LOL UNLESS YOUR MEAN

Old 09-09-2010, 01:33 PM

Any animal should be bred to their standard. Physical appearance, health and what I believe to be most important temperament.

Old 09-09-2010, 01:35 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,457,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marknorman1979 View Post
Does God say I can't own a pitbull? Everything on earth is God given. You try to talk intelligent but what your arguing about isn't. This is my last post to you . I've given my answer.

THIS ISNT A DEBATE OF GOD OR WHATS IN THE BIBLE. YOUR BELIEFS ARE WHATEVER YOU WANT TO BELIEVE IN. THAT IS A FREEDOM WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN. EVERYONE IS WELCOME HERE. LOL UNLESS YOUR MEAN
That doesn't prove that God gave you the right to own a pitbull. You still haven't proven how He gave you this. I should think if the Lord appeared to you and said, "Mark, We grant you the right to own a pitbull," you would have noticed this. Isn't there usually a flash of light? Burning bush? Booming voice? Bible verse?

If you want to just make some foolish statements and personal insults, and then fail to own your words, I have no problem with that--feel free to tuck tail and run. It's the natural, animal instinct after making oneself look ridiculous.

Oh, and with regard to the bolded part, I'd say that calling someone an 'idiot' isn't exactly the opposite of 'mean.' So I guess you just declared yourself unwelcome. Suddenly this running away makes sense.

Old 09-09-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaMcG View Post
From Mark Norman: " Test have shown pitbulls are less likely to bite a human than any other breed out there. If a pitbull is to bite its because of bad breeding or irresponsible owners of the dog."

This is the most important statement in your post. You are correct. Unfortunately, backyard breeders and puppymills crank out puppies like crazy, and many of them are pitbulls. Only an idiot would buy a dog from a BYB or mill, so there you have it: poorly bred pitbulls in the hands of clueless dog owners. Laws have been enacted to protect society from the irresponsible dog owners.

Every time I hear caterwalling about what a wonderful breed pitbulls are, I have two thoughts: (1) pitbulls are bred to be dog aggressive, not aggressive toward humans. Why would anyone want a dog-aggressive dog? (2) What are responsible pitbull owners and supporters doing to fight all the irresponsible breeding? What are you doing to educate the public about how to locate a good breeder?

You know, everyone thinks he or she works with "the best breeder", but unless that breeder only produces one, maybe two litters a year, does all the necessary genetic tests on the sire and the dam, assesses the suitability of the buyer for ownership of the breed, requires a specific amount of training, delivers the puppies to the owners at 12 weeks of age already spayed or neutered, and will take the dog back if things don't work out -- you have a duff breeder that should be put out of business.

If you do the research their is alot of people out there breeding to standards. Banning a breed will not fix it. There should be a law set up that breeders have to breed with in standards and you would have to have a license to even legally be able to breed. Akc and ukc etc shouldn't allow the papering of dogs unless they are being bred correctly. There is so many things that can be done. People just need to wake up and make it happen. It doesn't make since to put a animal down when they haven't done anything.

Old 09-09-2010, 02:17 PM

Most of these dogs you see that gang bangers own aren't even a pitbulls. They are hippo mixed breed. Not even close to standards.

Old 09-09-2010, 02:24 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,457,035 times
Quote:
Most of these dogs you see that gang bangers own aren't even a pitbulls. They are hippo mixed breed. Not even close to standards.
How do you cross breed a dog with a hippo? That needs to be on Animal Planet.

Old 09-09-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaMcG View Post
From Mark Norman: " Test have shown pitbulls are less likely to bite a human than any other breed out there. If a pitbull is to bite its because of bad breeding or irresponsible owners of the dog."

This is the most important statement in your post. You are correct. Unfortunately, backyard breeders and puppymills crank out puppies like crazy, and many of them are pitbulls. Only an idiot would buy a dog from a BYB or mill, so there you have it: poorly bred pitbulls in the hands of clueless dog owners. Laws have been enacted to protect society from the irresponsible dog owners.

Every time I hear caterwalling about what a wonderful breed pitbulls are, I have two thoughts: (1) pitbulls are bred to be dog aggressive, not aggressive toward humans. Why would anyone want a dog-aggressive dog? (2) What are responsible pitbull owners and supporters doing to fight all the irresponsible breeding? What are you doing to educate the public about how to locate a good breeder?

You know, everyone thinks he or she works with "the best breeder", but unless that breeder only produces one, maybe two litters a year, does all the necessary genetic tests on the sire and the dam, assesses the suitability of the buyer for ownership of the breed, requires a specific amount of training, delivers the puppies to the owners at 12 weeks of age already spayed or neutered, and will take the dog back if things don't work out -- you have a duff breeder that should be put out of business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
That doesn't prove that God gave you the right to own a pitbull. You still haven't proven how He gave you this. I should think if the Lord appeared to you and said, "Mark, We grant you the right to own a pitbull," you would have noticed this. Isn't there usually a flash of light? Burning bush? Booming voice? Bible verse?

If you want to just make some foolish statements and personal insults, and then fail to own your words, I have no problem with that--feel free to tuck tail and run. It's the natural, animal instinct after making oneself look ridiculous.

Oh, and with regard to the bolded part, I'd say that calling someone an 'idiot' isn't exactly the opposite of 'mean.' So I guess you just declared yourself unwelcome. Suddenly this running away makes sense.
God put it here jackass then he gave you the right. It doesn't have to be in a book. You think its very godly to destroy every pitbull he brought down here. I think your are a complete idiot. If you don't think that's mean. God gave you a brain to use . So use it. If you think about it since your such a godly man pitbulls have alot in common with Jesus. So destroy them like you did him.

By the way I'm not a church going Guy but believe in God.

Old 09-09-2010, 02:40 PM

What man fears man destroys.

Old 09-09-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
God put it here jackass then he gave you the right. It doesn't have to be in a book. You think its very godly to destroy every pitbull he brought down here. I think your a complete idiot. If you don't think that's mean. God gave you a brain to use . So use it. If you think about it since your such a godly man pitbulls have alot in common with Jesus. So destroy them like you did him.

By the way I'm not a church going Guy but believe in God.

Do you have a dog? If you do I feel sorry for it. I fear you known and would never tuck tail and run from a cowardly person as yourself.

Old 09-09-2010, 03:04 PM

You want to argue God and it has nothing to do with how great of a pet a pitbull makes. When I move I will buy me another and will laugh and smile about you not being able to stop this awesome breed. You will never be able to stop the breed so the smart thing to do is help correct it. Genuis
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas