Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 09:54 AM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times

Advertisements

July and August have heat and humidity that rivals anything in the Southeast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 02:22 PM

3,339 posts, read 9,347,143 times
Last summer was awful. The previous two or three weren't bad. I didn't know what everyone thought was so bad about KC summers until last year. I was indoors so much, it might as well have been winter.

No one moves here for the weather, that's for sure.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:25 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disquisitive View Post
Anyway, back to the weather…

I'm moving out a little earlier than the OP, and had the same questions. Is the June-August period reliably hot and humid, or should i come ready for anything?
June isn't usually so hot. July and August will be hot. I can remember a couple of times when it was unseasonably cool for a little while in August, which is very unusual. I wouldn't count on that happening and if it did, a sweatshirt and jeans would be plenty. Normally, you can wear shorts day and night in June/July/August. I actually love summer nights in this area. Warm/very warm and breezy. Love to sit outside till 11, 12, 1, 2 a.m. if I can and just enjoy the warm air and the breeze (or sometimes wind - I love that too).

Old 05-05-2011, 07:00 AM

30 posts, read 46,628 times
Thanks, i was wondering about specific apparel. So it's pretty much like the south, then—even if it rains, it stays warm?

Old 05-05-2011, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Thanks, i was wondering about specific apparel. So it's pretty much like the south, then—even if it rains, it stays warm?
Yes, it usually stays pretty humid and warm after rain during the summer (with few exceptions).

Old 05-05-2011, 07:52 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
Quote:
Yes, shorts will work even if it rains, with few exceptions like Granite Stater said, and probably won't happen. For anything casual, you'll want to wear shorts; jeans would be unbearably hot. If you have to wear pants for some reason I'd go with lightweight slacks - and change back into shorts ASAP!

Old 02-09-2013, 09:24 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaMcG View Post
Winters? It varies. Our last winter was as bad as anything we ever had in Chicago, and the year before that was bad, too, but people tell me the winters are generally milder here. Okay, but we're buying a new snowblower anyway!

Fall is gorgeous and it lasts a long time. Fall is definitely our best season.
Interesting about winter. I guess Lawrence isn't as far south as it seems - to avoid the occassional Chicago-like lows.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Interesting about winter. I guess Lawrence isn't as far south as it seems - to avoid the occassional Chicago-like lows.
Lawrence is pretty far south in latitude... Occasionally they will get winters that are similar to the Midwest, but much of the time the temperatures are quite a bit warmer. You don't get highs that can go up to into the 50s and 60s in the Great Lakes region in the middle of winter unless it is a "record" high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas