Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2007, 04:25 PM

3 posts, read 13,475 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I have just received an conditional admission letter from Kansas University to study MA for spring 2008.

I have never been in US and I cant waite to be there to live and study.

could anyone tell me abut Lawrence city or have photo for it, and if it a good place to live and study.

thank you for read my thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2007, 11:50 AM

55 posts, read 299,245 times
GS,

Lawrence is a nice place to live. It is a college town. KU has about 25,000 students in Lawrence and almost everyone in Lawrence is in some way associated with KU. Lawrence is also home to Haskell Indian Nations University, which is a Native American college, so its presence adds more culture and diversity to the city. Lawrence is politically liberal, especially compared to the remainder of Kansas and the midwestern USA in general. Its a socially-progressive community and tends to be open and welcoming. Due to the presence of KU, there are a number of people in Lawrence from across the Country, and indeed the world. Many cuisines can be had at the local restaurants from thai to sushi to american steakhouses. Check out the following websites for information on relocation, local news, pictures, etc:

Local News: LJWorld.com - Lawrence, Kansas
Local Entertainment (restaurants, social life, bars, fun news): lawrence.com | Elevation: 850ft
Pictures & Images: Lawrence, KS Convention & Visitors Bureau | visitlawrence.com
General Description of the City: Lawrence, Kansas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good luck. And enjoy your time in Lawrence. You'll love it.

Old 08-25-2007, 08:08 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,575,260 times
Lawrence is a nice place to live. Their are many things going on in the city because it is a college town. Their are many good restaurants and entertainment in the city. The town has around 85,000 residents and is within a 45 minute drive to the KC metro and the Topeka metro area. Lawrence is hilly and is more interesting topographically than most areas of Kansas. The University of Kansas sits on top of Mount Oread and the main street that goes through campus is Jayhawk Boulevard. Lawrence is a progressive liberal town. Real estate and apartment rentals may be more expensive because it is a college town. Affordable housing is likely to be found in a smaller town near Lawrence like Eudora or Baldwin City.

Old 08-26-2007, 05:15 PM

2005hawk and Plains10 thank you for both of you and I appreciate your help , its good informations abut the city.

Old 08-27-2007, 11:24 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gratuate student View Post
Hi everyone,

I have just received an conditional admission letter from Kansas University to study MA for spring 2008.

I have never been in US and I cant waite to be there to live and study.

could anyone tell me abut Lawrence city or have photo for it, and if it a good place to live and study.

thank you for read my thread
You should like it, a typical college town.
On top of that....the KC area has fairly sizeable foreign populations from some parts of the world so you might have people from your home country that have meetings etc. too.

Where are you from? China, India etc?

Old 08-27-2007, 03:37 PM

Thank you Mathguy ,

I am from Saudi Arabia and I think there is some saudis there in the town

thank you again for your reply
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas