Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 06:22 PM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Outside of Kansas, the state is already labeled as one of the most conservative and bible thumping states the country. In other words, backwards.

Living on the east coast, I see how the state is viewed by outsiders. While it may not necessarily deserve such an image, it has that image and much of it has been brought on by its own politicians, school board etc.

This is just another national story that will contribute to that poor image and as posted above, people on the coast don't like to subsidize states like Kansas in the first place, especially while they scream for smaller government.
Meh. All it contributes too are those that already have a small minded viewpoint and want to latch onto to any lie or 1/2 truth to validate themselves.

School board? Had no impact. the fact that they snuck in but were then shot down by the legislation and then voted out.....not reported.

WBC? Democrats from Mississippi....not reported.

Sebelius our former gov. in Obamas cabinet? ignored.

I can't fix intentional ignorance and axe grinding....anymore than you can fix the fact that there are no good schools in Missouri and their wage tax is driving out businesses.

Oh....and it's the meth capital of the USA.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:22 PM

396 posts, read 998,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I agree 100%

The majority of people that live in Kansas are either too old, too young or too poor to move somewhere else. People that are moderate, educated and in their peak working years are leaving the state in droves.

Sorry, I'm still here, and I know a ton of liberal and moderate people who have chosen to stay here. It seems like a couple of you folks that don't live here anymore are letting your imaginations get the best of you. Are there things I disagree with, yes. Is the sky falling like you seem to think? No. You act like life is so completely different than almost anywhere else in this country, when in fact it is not.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
You must be watching a bit more Fox News lately
No. I hate fox.

However, when the same party controls the presidency, house and senate....and they pass NAFTA....who do you blame?

Ok, you can do it....say the name of the party.....come on.....

Old 12-28-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I feel for you! I was born and raised in Kansas, but left at age 18. I never tell anyone I'm from Kansas. The only friends I have from high school who stayed or of the similar conservative mindset. And that's probably a lot of the problem with Kansas. So many people who are moderates or liberals can't take it, so they leave the state, which just makes it more possible for nuts like Brownback to get elected.
Who was governor when you left?

Old 12-28-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer88 View Post
Sorry, I'm still here, and I know a ton of liberal and moderate people who have chosen to stay here. It seems like a couple of you folks that don't live here anymore are letting your imaginations get the best of you. Are there things I disagree with, yes. Is the sky falling like you seem to think? No. You act like life is so completely different than almost anywhere else in this country, when in fact it is not.
^^^Absolutely.

I actually *gasp* support gay marriage. Maybe I should uproot my whole family from their great schools, my 15minute commute and nice salary so we can move somewhere we won't have to ever be challenged and we can all sit around congratulating ourselves over how smart and progressive we are?

How is that whole "no jobs" and borderline bankruptcy thing working out for your states?

Old 12-28-2011, 06:43 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,888,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well OMG...Kansas might actually make Missouri an attractive alternative to live now. Oh wait, I don't want my sons to lean the proper stabbing technique when learning how to intimidate their junkie.

Awwwww does it make you sad to pile on KS and then have to turn around and look at your actual fail-state? Booooo Hooo.....yes, I'd like fries with that.
Wow, that was mature, are you 12? Trust me, I make good money.

This thread is not about MO (which has its own problems with being run by too many conservative nutjobs).

Read this from JoCo's own steve rose:

http://joco913.com/news/one-prediction-trumps-them-all/

Old 12-28-2011, 06:56 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I agree 100%

The majority of people that live in Kansas are either too old, too young or too poor to move somewhere else. People that are moderate, educated and in their peak working years are leaving the state in droves.
With the exception of JOCO this is definitely the case.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:10 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,980,138 times
Quote:

This thread is not about MO (which has its own problems with being run by too many conservative nutjobs).

One prediction trumps them all | 913
That's pretty awesome. I say let Kansas be Kansas and let's sit back and watch it all play out. It will be fun. Kansas can be a bit of an experiment. If it truly becomes some sort of disaster, then the liberals can say "I told you so".

Old 12-28-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:

One prediction trumps them all | 913
KCMO schools aren't even accredited. I mean if you are going to walk in here swinging, don't be a baby and cry when you get hit back.

No doubt KCMO is run by arch conservatives though.....

Old 12-28-2011, 07:28 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
No. I hate fox.

However, when the same party controls the presidency, house and senate....and they pass NAFTA....who do you blame?

Ok, you can do it....say the name of the party.....come on.....
Ya, Democrats and Republicans have sold out the middle class to big business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas