Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2012, 03:28 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,094,372 times

Advertisements

I just must ask if anyone else has had any contact with APS (Adult Protective Services) in Kansas. My son is an adult with developmental disabilities and I had found him alone by the parking lot and his case manager reported it to APS. APS interviewed the worker that was supposed to be watching him and she said he was not out there so they found no neglect. They told me that it had something to do with "perspective" and seriously, being in a location is a black and white issue. I was told that they never did find abuse, neglect or exploitation and after that, I learned of much worse things happening that continued. I made all the official complaints through the Governor's Office. Now, though, I wonder if APS is like this all over the State of Kansas. Seriously, if APS ignores and blows off complaints, what does this mean to the elderly? They refused to let me see the report findings other than "unsubstantiated". So, does Adult Protective Services protect? If so, whom?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas