Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 09:52 PM

33 posts, read 48,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwesterneratheart View Post
Unfortunately, being in Section 8 housing and owing all that $$$ on a water bill, just leaving and never looking back may be harder than you realize......
I actually have managed to pay the water bill, through a little help from some agencies and just paying on it myself. The water company was really great and worked with me through the whole ordeal.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncnittany View Post
I never told her to not pay the water bill. The water bill will have to get paid. Maybe a lawyer can lean on the landlord a bit to settle by paying the water bill or a portion of it, but probably not because the landlord seems like the know what they are doing. She sent her husband to fix the issue. He certainly isn't going to testify in a civil matter and they know that. At this point they view the tenant as more trouble than what they are willing to put up with. That view, justified or not, is not going to change and neither is their treatment of their tenant. I wouldn't put up with it and neither should the OP.
I'm wondering why would they consider me to be trouble though? I only wanted things fixed, I thought landlords were supposed to fix things.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
That's what legal aid is for.
I'm going to contact them but the last time I contacted them about this issue it took them a month to call me back, I don't have a month.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:25 AM

3,565 posts, read 7,981,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboogyy2012 View Post
I'm wondering why would they consider me to be trouble though? I only wanted things fixed, I thought landlords were supposed to fix things.
From what you've said, it sounds like you've got some growing up to do in regard to your professional dealings. You've demonstrated that you cross boundaries inappropriately, particularly by having stopped in uninvited at your landlord's house, all the while you (ignorantly and with a victim mentality) wonder why this woman treated you the way she did. Your landlord is not mommy or daddy. It's nobody else's fault except your own the circumstances you're in. You've already got the productive citizens helping pay your rent, yet you are looking for others to deal with you as if you're their child too? Beyond the contract you signed, it's not up to you to determine if you "deserve" your deposit back. If I were you, I'd ask your landlord or her liason if you will be let out of your lease earlier so you can move before nearing your pregnancy due date. It sounds like they'd be happy to have you go.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
From what you've said, it sounds like you've got some growing up to do in regard to your professional dealings. You've demonstrated that you cross boundaries inappropriately, particularly by having stopped in uninvited at your landlord's house, all the while you (ignorantly and with a victim mentality) wonder why this woman treated you the way she did. Your landlord is not mommy or daddy. It's nobody else's fault except your own the circumstances you're in. You've already got the productive citizens helping pay your rent, yet you are looking for others to deal with you as if you're their child too? Beyond the contract you signed, it's not up to you to determine if you "deserve" your deposit back. If I were you, I'd ask your landlord or her liason if you will be let out of your lease earlier so you can move before nearing your pregnancy due date. It sounds like they'd be happy to have you go.
Ummm excuse me. Your reply was uncalled for dear. I do work everyday, I guess I forgot to mention that, and I pay taxes. So I am contributing to someone else's assistance! I get rent assistance , big deal, alot of people do. This unexpected move will be a huge financial setback. It's no wonder with greedy, conniving people like her that people like me can't get ahead because all she and her running toilets did the whole time I was hear was suck me dry. Doesn't mean she has the right to treat my family this way. I have done nothing but paid my rent on time and she has collected thousands of dollars that she wanted nothing but profit on. If she didn't want to rent to me, she shouldn't have done it. And I would love to go.

Btw, there was nothing wrong with me stopping by her address. Right now I have no one to contact about this property. I don't have her number anymore, since they gave me the notice to that they aren't renewing, no one will talk to me. So who is irresponsible? If there is a flood, fire, or my furnace goes out, I have no one. And you talk to me like I am irresponsible. LOL, Obviously in this case the landlord is irresponsible!

Also since they have completely shutdown, they won't repair anything so this place will go into abatement with section 8, it's their choice and it's ignorant to treat people this way. I am a section 8 client but I deserve respect! You don't know my situation and I don't need to explain it to you. I make a pretty good salary and still need it because of the cost of living, and I work from home.

Also, I don't have to have their damn permission to move! There is a legal process I am taking, I can move whenever I want.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:41 PM

I swear some people just don't get it. She broke the law yet people see fit to judge me because I'm getting rent assistance, get over it! Criminals get more respect than hardworking honest people.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:51 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,306,249 times
Ignore some of these posters. Someone always has to chime in with something hostile. I wish I could say I have advice but I know little about tenant law and less about the laws in Kansas. But I do wish you the best and I understand how trying this whole ordeal must be. But I would've stopped paying rent a long time ago.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:53 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,598,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboogyy2012 View Post
I swear some people just don't get it. She broke the law yet people see fit to judge me because I'm getting rent assistance, get over it! Criminals get more respect than hardworking honest people.
You can keep playing the victim, and blaming everyone else for your situation, or you can do something about it. Not being on public assistance, I don't know what the ins or outs are, but I would imagine that the landlords are well within their rights to decide not to renew your lease. I think though, that the question you truly should be asking, is if you are in a position where you are unable to care for yourself, why you have decided to bring another person, an expensive one at that, into this world.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:10 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,306,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchief1 View Post
You can keep playing the victim, and blaming everyone else for your situation, or you can do something about it. Not being on public assistance, I don't know what the ins or outs are, but I would imagine that the landlords are well within their rights to decide not to renew your lease. I think though, that the question you truly should be asking, is if you are in a position where you are unable to care for yourself, why you have decided to bring another person, an expensive one at that, into this world.
WTH?! What is wrong with some people???? She asked for advice on her landlord situation, not to be scolded for the entirety of decisions made throughout her lifetime! I wouldn't even want to post here seeking help with some of these spiteful, absurd and totally non helpful responses. If you don't sympathize with her plight just zip it. Ridiculous.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Ignore some of these posters. Someone always has to chime in with something hostile. I wish I could say I have advice but I know little about tenant law and less about the laws in Kansas. But I do wish you the best and I understand how trying this whole ordeal must be. But I would've stopped paying rent a long time ago.
Lol, oh how I wish I could just stop paying the rent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas