Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 12:22 AM

132 posts, read 171,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboogyy2012 View Post
Excuse me, the day I moved in I noticed the toilets were running and I let the landlord know. How did I bring this on myself? I did my due diligence to report it. I don't know how to fix a toilet. THE LANDLORD REFUSED TO FIX IT!!!
Toilets are very simple and easy to fix, stop acting so helpless like a child and do something. You could have easily googled the problem and fixed it yourself.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:27 AM

3,565 posts, read 7,976,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboogyy2012 View Post
Excuse me, hun I would post my paycheck stub but yes I do in fact work. I have been working 20 years. Again, now you are harassing me. Your words are very hurtful and uncalled for. Go away.
I wasn't accusing you of not working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
Please understand that if the taxes are removed from your paycheck, but you then receive the entire amount back at refund time, you are not actually paying any taxes. And, if you qualify for public assistance, you are definitely receiving all of the money back....
It goes beyond them not paying taxes. They also claim child tax credits, and if they make below a certain limit, low-income tax credits, which are both "refundable" tax credits, meaning if somebody works barely enough to qualify, they can actually receive MORE in a tax refund than that was ever deducted from their pay - literal redistribution.

Last edited by MOKAN; 12-12-2012 at 05:37 AM..

Old 12-12-2012, 06:37 AM

9,875 posts, read 14,118,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post

It goes beyond them not paying taxes. They also claim child tax credits, and if they make below a certain limit, low-income tax credits, which are both "refundable" tax credits, meaning if somebody works barely enough to qualify, they can actually receive MORE in a tax refund than that was ever deducted from their pay - literal redistribution.
Oh, I know....I was just responding to the "I pay taxes" comment.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:27 AM

1,018 posts, read 3,379,857 times
It looks like the op harassed everyone who responded to her, she threw up like 8 posts consecutively to bash on other people.

Im really starting to think that the OP harassed the crap out of her landlord but is still playing victim. Nothing is owed to you, if you dont like the section 8 housing, you can leave at any time. and if you work so hard and make good money, great, someone else might need the section 8 more than you do. there are families that are waiting for years to get a voucher.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:55 AM

1,969 posts, read 3,596,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by civic94 View Post
It looks like the op harassed everyone who responded to her, she threw up like 8 posts consecutively to bash on other people.

Im really starting to think that the OP harassed the crap out of her landlord but is still playing victim. Nothing is owed to you, if you dont like the section 8 housing, you can leave at any time. and if you work so hard and make good money, great, someone else might need the section 8 more than you do. there are families that are waiting for years to get a voucher.

Its definitely been entertaining watching the meltdown in progress. I feel really bad for those kids of hers. We're only getting a small dose here...

Old 12-12-2012, 10:14 AM

987 posts, read 1,385,862 times
Default Unstable landlord, please give free legal advice.

Haven't read all the post here, but in a word, Move!

Old 12-12-2012, 11:07 AM

3,565 posts, read 7,976,416 times
Relatively speaking, I've been impressed with her writing and vocabulary.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:38 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,984,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
It's relevant to the thread because it shows that she makes irresponsible decisions in life; which equates to wrong decisions with dealing with her landlord. She needs public assistance but is a single mother of three (by choice) and is bringing a fourth into her world.
I understand that, and I don't think that is the best decision she could make, but I was staying away from that area, and focusing on just her landlord question. All that comes from starting down this road is lots of ill feelings and usually the thread being closed.

The mods usually insist the threads stick to the point of the thread, which is regarding her moving out. I think we should stay on that topic. And I think we have covered all that about as well as possible. Go to legal aid, find a cheaper place outside the Lawrence area. I wish her kids well, end of discussion.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:28 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,596,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
I understand that, and I don't think that is the best decision she could make, but I was staying away from that area, and focusing on just her landlord question. All that comes from starting down this road is lots of ill feelings and usually the thread being closed.

The mods usually insist the threads stick to the point of the thread, which is regarding her moving out. I think we should stay on that topic. And I think we have covered all that about as well as possible. Go to legal aid, find a cheaper place outside the Lawrence area. I wish her kids well, end of discussion.
People have offered those as solutions, and they have been shot down by the OP. This honestly just feels like your typical rant thread where someone comes wanting to air their dirty laundry and asking for help, when in reality, the only thing they actually want is people agreeing with then so they can justify how they feel.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:01 PM

23 posts, read 36,686 times
Quote:
[SIZE=1]
What's wrong with whoever that poster is is that he sides with narcissistic criminals.
[/SIZE]
I just wanted to note that by your description the landlord is not a criminal. The situation you described is a civil matter. Violating a civil law or regulation does not make a person a criminal. Much like (in Kansas anyway) getting a speeding ticket is an infraction and not a crime; and in some states (but not Kansas), possession of marijuana is an infraction and not a crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas