Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 10:31 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Madison is the best smaller metro in the Midwest, and it is a great amount of job growth overall, hence some of the investments made in the past in education are now paying strong dividends. Milwaukee suburbs are doing just fine, but the city remains a mess.
Hey, thanks for electing your governor...twice....I guess Wisconsin voters are just stupid and getting stupider?

Not to mention Wisconsin has a grossly failing state economy.

Also, Wisconsin and Missouri are horrible animal abusers if you combine them and look at rankings for puppy mills. What kind of people allow their state governments to abuse animals like that?

Then of course is the fact that Wisconsin has the worst drug abuse in the country, along with child molestation, halitosis and raccoon transmitted HIV.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moboy32 View Post
Please find an example. Most Missouri threads deal with Missouri, not our next door neighbors (we don't care much about the crime in Illinois or Omaha).
That's right, because most of the KS haters come here to post or have a literate family member do it for them.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moboy32 View Post
As I have said before, I'm a longtime reader, newtime poster.

PS I really don't wanna drag this out and have some type of a 30 page thread war so I'm leaving this here and won't comment further.
If you were a longtime reader, you'd know better that this forum is 80% KS bashing. You can boo hoo all you want when someone takes a shot at MO....but look through the old threads....if I started thread after thread about MO being the meth capital of the US, their bad schools etc. I'd have gotten banned long ago.

P.S. I personally love both KS and MO, they both are good states IMO and I'm a transplant with no hatfield\McCoy animosity. Without KCMO....KS would be vastly worse.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:37 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Hey, thanks for electing your governor...twice....I guess Wisconsin voters are just stupid and getting stupider?

Not to mention Wisconsin has a grossly failing state economy.

Also, Wisconsin and Missouri are horrible animal abusers if you combine them and look at rankings for puppy mills. What kind of people allow their state governments to abuse animals like that?

Then of course is the fact that Wisconsin has the worst drug abuse in the country, along with child molestation, halitosis and raccoon transmitted HIV.

Not sure where you're getting that bizarre collection of information, but I tend to live and work in a fairly small bubble, otherwise known as the Madison region, and I've been in the area a little over a year. I take trips up north or visit family elsewhere. I think many areas of rural Wisconsin don't have the level of poverty compared to Missouri, but parts of the Northwoods are close. Definitely no fan of Walker. Have not looked into your last points yet, but it is well documented that Wisconsin has always been one of the top binge drinking states in the country with the issues related to that fact.

Old 10-11-2013, 08:08 AM

2,707 posts, read 6,233,521 times
I'm just curious how people are supposed to talk about comparative issues (taxes, as an example) if they aren't supposed to bring up other states?
That doesn't even make sense...

Old 10-11-2013, 09:12 AM

638 posts, read 624,192 times
Quote:
If you were a longtime reader, you'd know better that this forum is 80% KS bashing. You can boo hoo all you want when someone takes a shot at MO....but look through the old threads....if I started thread after thread about MO being the meth capital of the US, their bad schools etc. I'd have gotten banned long ago.

P.S. I personally love both KS and MO, they both are good states IMO and I'm a transplant with no hatfield\McCoy animosity. Without KCMO....KS would be vastly worse.
Just because someone is a "Kansas hater" does not make them a Missouri lover. Or vice versa. If a person is talking smack about Alabama, that doesn't make him a Tennessee lover either (Tennessee/Alabama rivalry). Except the fact some people live in Kansas and hate it.

If someone wants to make threads talking about the negatives of Missouri, their is free to do so. There are already some threads like that. "Why is Missouri middle of the pack" is one. You just shrug it off. Its what happens when millions of people live in a state, some folks are gonna hate it. . But, most of the Missouri threads usually are made by people who favor the state.

Granitestater seems to dislike Missouri, but that doesn;t make him a Kansas fan; in fact, I think he dislikes Kansas more than he does Missouri. I think you confuse him with someone who favors Missouri, and thats why you mentioned Missouri as being an abuser of animals along with Wisconsin. But, if you read more of his posts, you would know that he just seems to dislike the KC area in general, along with Nebraska.

PS: JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE IS A KANSAS HATER DOES NOT MAKE THEM A MISSOURI LOVER.

Old 10-11-2013, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsMeFred View Post
I'm just curious how people are supposed to talk about comparative issues (taxes, as an example) if they aren't supposed to bring up other states?
That doesn't even make sense...
I 100% agree that comparing states is totally reasonable.

However, most of the people aren't really doing this.

For example, we had a poster ranting about KS awful drug problem and puppy mills but they presented no facts or documentation. Then when I went out, got the facts and posted them....gee, it was a MO puppy mill problem and KS has one of the lowest drug rates in the nation.

People are just bashing on KS without sourcing anything, don't even try to pretend that they are just trying to make innocent comparisons.

For example, next time consider adding a source like this to accompany your taxation complaints:
States with the highest and lowest tax burdens

Old 10-11-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Not sure where you're getting that bizarre collection of information, but I tend to live and work in a fairly small bubble, otherwise known as the Madison region, and I've been in the area a little over a year. I take trips up north or visit family elsewhere. I think many areas of rural Wisconsin don't have the level of poverty compared to Missouri, but parts of the Northwoods are close. Definitely no fan of Walker. Have not looked into your last points yet, but it is well documented that Wisconsin has always been one of the top binge drinking states in the country with the issues related to that fact.
Some of that was clearly satire and meant to mock all the bizarre claims about KS like blaming us for the puppy mills in MO. And our "drug problem"....

I found it ironic that so many of the complaints about KS....governor, high taxes, unemployment, drug abuse....are as bad or (much) worse in Wisconsin.

Heck, the same posters have attacked us for being a sex offender haven....then I post stats showing KS is average for the US.

Then they post about our unemployment....we were 13th best.

It's just lie after lie after lie.....

Old 10-11-2013, 09:28 AM

638 posts, read 624,192 times
Quote:
Some of that was clearly satire and meant to mock all the bizarre claims about KS like blaming us for the puppy mills in MO. And our "drug problem"....

I found it ironic that so many of the complaints about KS....governor, high taxes, unemployment, drug abuse....are as bad or (much) worse in Wisconsin.

Heck, the same posters have attacked us for being a sex offender haven....then I post stats showing KS is average for the US.

After reading certain posts, I agree that some of these people on the Kansas threads are just trolls.

Old 10-11-2013, 01:17 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Quote:

The fact of the matter is that many rural states with low populations tend to have lower than average unemployment rates with a few exceptions to the rule. Most people who are looking for jobs leave the low population states for opportunities elsewhere. It doesn't mean that a job boom or much growth is occurring in many of these lower population states with low unemployment rates. Some examples would include: Iowa, Nebraska, Vermont, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, New Hampshire, etc.
When you have a state with a much higher population than it often does mean a higher UE rate because the new economy generally needs far fewer workers and is more specialized compared to the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas