Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2013, 09:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,331 times

Advertisements

Okay, So I Have been going threw a rough time with money, I decided that A Roommate would help me make it threw the next few months til I was more Financially stable. I Found a roommate and they Have Paid 1/2 months Rent Because they wanted me to hold the room til the Ninteeth. It Is now the 17th and Ive been told by my land lord that It would be breaking the lease to move in a roommate. Like Ive said the roommate hasn't moved in and Wont be now. Have I broke the lease? Also The roommate Is Upset now because they have paid 1/2 months rent so far But now cannot move in due to the lease. I have spoken with them They Have told me that they will be showing up with the police for theft by swindle I have already Informed them that They Will Need to give me a adress so that I may Refund there Money. they have refused to give this address What Do I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 10:24 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,242,232 times
I don't think you've broken the lease, but you do need to refund the full deposit. As for the refund, if you've spoken with them you probably have their phone number, possibly an email address? If you have their email addy I'd use that to tell them you want to refund the deposit but you need an address or to establish a time when you can meet with them. If no email address, send a text. I think you can keep a copy of either. Pay the refund with a check, either personal or cashiers check.

Old 08-20-2013, 03:24 PM

321 posts, read 1,214,475 times
You may have broken the lease. Read it. It may have a clause (ours does) that states only the persons listed on the lease, may reside there. To have another tenant move in, may require prior authorization from the landlord. Think about it... the landlord likely did a background/credit check on you before accepting you as a tenant. I wouldn't want a renter moving in, without knowing as much information about the person as possible. Rental homes are huge investments... and liabilities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas