Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 01:15 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times

Advertisements

Yes, the KC Star has been pretty good about covering the issues with KanCare. I did contact them on the "latest" since I only found the info by accident on KDADS website.

They are currently losing money but still earned a "bonus" since they saved the State money. With all the proposed cuts on the table by the State, it would be a real plus for the "for-profits" and you have to wonder why the State wasn't onboard with looking for ways to save money until it moved to be contracted out to the "for-profits". Hoping this will be dissected in an investigation. You have to wonder why these companies would be willing to take on these contracts because logically it doesn't make sense and they have walked on other contracts. I don't care what venue takes them out, I just want them gone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2015, 06:58 PM

Default How Many Providers Will Go Under Waiting?

I just saw this article: Emporia hospital questions KanCare payments | KSNT News Having to deal with one of the insurance providers, it is more than common for them to avoid calls, say they sent letters, blah, blah, blah. The state keeps saying this isn't true but I tend to side with the providers knowing how these for-profits are. This is going to hurt everyone in the state eventually if the providers are not being paid and in many areas of the state, we already have trouble keeping and recruiting medical personnel. Imagine what it is like for the small providers when they are not paid, the ones not affiliated with a larger corporation to tide them over.

Old 01-29-2015, 02:17 PM

3,339 posts, read 9,353,821 times
And yet, people still don't know about this. The VP of HR at my husband's company had never heard of it until I mentioned it to her. The financial adviser who handles my retirement account was curious why we were planning to move back to Illinois when we retire. I told her about the threat to MEdicare. She thought I was crazy. I told her to do some googling.

These aren't stupid people. They're very bright professional people who deal with insurance in their jobs. They're lifelong Kansans. My financial adviser is two years from retirement. You would think she's know all about it.

Old 01-31-2015, 07:17 PM

Here is taste of what it is like to navigate the system: KanCare - Ombudsman The ombudsman is basically an advocate for the other side (non-profits). It is stressed that someone with KanCare should make sure that a service is covered so that the consumer doesn't end up stuck with the bill. There is no way to do this unless it is something planned ahead and even then, they can change their minds since nothing is in writing. The booklets are EXTREMELY vague about what is covered, it is almost impossible to get through on the one phone number that Sunflower(one of the provider's has), there are constant changes in personnel, you know the old "Well, they aren't here anymore". It a mess. It is exhausting to try to unravel it and if Medicare in KS takes the same path, I just can't imagine the mess. I see no way that medical providers can continue to stay in business when the bills aren't being paid and those on Medicare are heavy users in KS of medical providers along with the great number of births to families living in poverty. Sadly, I still feel that the more rural areas with lower income families/individuals will be hit the hardest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas