Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 11:04 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
FYI Crown Vic the 20th Century's biggest killers were tyrannical governments not ARMED citizens. Hundreds of millions of people died by the hands of tyrannical government leaders. Do the names Hitler, Pol Pot, Mao, Joe Stalin etc ring any bells. The ability to resist a tyrannical government is the reason the Second Amendment was written into the Bill of Rights by our founding fathers; not JUST so we could go duck hunting or even defend ourselves against vicious criminals. Of course your kids will never learn this in their schools and it doesn't sound like they will learn it in their home either. However there are a few MILLION people in this country that understand why the Second Amendment is so important. I just happen to enjoy shooting but that is not the major reason I believe in gun ownership by Law abiding citizens that believe in the Constitution.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UTI-yNrfs9...ammendment.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2015, 12:22 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,865,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I grew up in Wyandotte County Kansas and have personally experienced every imaginable horrible thing that bad guys with guns are capable of. When I was 15 I had a gun held on me by a grown man and the only thing that I think saved my life was gun training as part the BSA. (Boy Scouts of America) After he fired the first shot at point blank range I knew it was a bolt action and if I let him load it again I was dead.

In Wyandotte County you get used to saying “Joe got shot” not “Joe got murdered” like in your part of town. Every close relative and friend for that matter who “got shot” when I grew up carried guns. So tell me how they protect you.

I have had and shot guns my kids have and shoot guns but we have a diffrent perpective than you.
What you don’t get is we don’t need the same gun laws for people like you and people who I know have shot multiple individuals and have never even been finger printed so when he gets pulled over with a gun it’s all good because he is abiding by the law.
I agree. Felons should NEVER be allowed to own a gun and there are laws on the books already stating this.. It sounds like you grew up in a GANG infested neighborhood. Personally I think it may be time for a return to VIGILANTE justice in some areas. Corrupt police and politicians in many of our cities have proven they can be just as harmful to society as the crooks they SHOULD be going after. Not that I hate cops, I don't. BUT if there is anything worse than a crooked cop what is it?

Aren't you glad you knew how a BOLT action worked? That is one of the basics taught in gun safety classes. The BSA knowledge saved your life. I would also bet that the BSA instructor that taught you that life saving fact was probably an NRA member.

Old 02-28-2015, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
One of the stupidest cartoons ever. No tyrants overthrown? How about the American Revolution? That happened here as I recall.
Stalin wasn't overthrown in the USSR. Maybe if the citizens of the USSR had had the right to keep and bear arms he would have been ya think?
Same goes for Mao, Pol Pot, Castro etc..
Hitler was NOT 9overthrown by an armed citizen mainly because it was a CAPITAL CRIME for citizens to own a gun in Germany. Armed soldiers from other countries managed to subdue his armed forces. I wonder how different history would be if just a few hundred thousand Jews would have possessed and knew how to use firearms in the early 1930's? Of course it takes MORE than just having a weapon; it also takes the will and courage to use it when needed.

Old 02-28-2015, 01:39 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Quote:
One of the stupidest cartoons ever. No tyrants overthrown? How about the American Revolution? That happened here as I recall.
Stalin wasn't overthrown in the USSR. Maybe if the citizens of the USSR had had the right to keep and bear arms he would have been ya think?
Same goes for Mao, Pol Pot, Castro etc..
Hitler was NOT 9overthrown by an armed citizen mainly because it was a CAPITAL CRIME for citizens to own a gun in Germany. Armed soldiers from other countries managed to subdue his armed forces. I wonder how different history would be if just a few hundred thousand Jews would have possessed and knew how to use firearms in the early 1930's? Of course it takes MORE than just having a weapon; it also takes the will and courage to use it when needed.
Well, now, you just may be onto somethin' there. You will, indeed, be better prepared than I when the Redcoats march upon us with their muskets.

In the meantime, you know as well as I that our freedom slips away at an ever increasing rate while America's gun arsenal serves no purpose but to fill the nightly news with the real-world heartache and pain depicted in that "stupidest" cartoon.

Old 02-28-2015, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Well, now, you just may be onto somethin' there. You will, indeed, be better prepared than I when the Redcoats march upon us with their muskets.

In the meantime, you know as well as I that our freedom slips away at an ever increasing rate while America's gun arsenal serves no purpose but to fill the nightly news with the real-world heartache and pain depicted in that "stupidest" cartoon.
Do you suppose the moral collapse of the majority of the population might have something to do with all of the violence?
Any society that approves of killing unborn children isn't going to give a damn about total strangers being murdered.

Old 02-28-2015, 08:29 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,412,060 times
Problem with not having a permit is the reciprocal agreements, in that with no permit, other states will not enter into an agreement allowing residents of Kansas to carry concealed in the reciprocal state.

Vermont has this problem whereas they do not need a permit to carry, but the problem is this does not allow Vermont to enter into agreements with other states, so a person in Vermont cannot carry in other states, whereas a resident of Florida with a permit can.

Old 02-28-2015, 08:36 PM

Quote:
You talk of kids learning about guns as though it's equivalent to kids learning about sex. It's not....at all.

I can understand your having a different perspective as a person who grew up on a ranch. But the vast majority of us didn't. And, for the vast majority of us who live in densely populated areas, guns are nothing but trouble. Well documented fact.

The gun culture in America is a vestige of a primitive era in our history that hasn't made any sense for well over a hundred years. By far, the safest and most positive way for kids to learn about guns is to never see or touch one in real life.

One day, our descendents will learn about the savage period in human history where it was commonplace for anyone and everyone who so desired to to carry machines with them designed for no other purpose but to kill in an instant. They will shake their heads in disbelief.
That is unfortunately incorrect. Your kid not knowing anything about guns will expose him/her to a real danger if when at someone's house, his friend decides to grab daddy's shotgun to show, and accidentally shoot your kid. This would be a result of an idiotic dad leaving the gun out, and two idiot kids not knowing anything about guns.

Only in your delusional world do you think lack of knowledge equals more knowledge.

No, guns will be around for as long as humans are. There are more guns now than ever in history, and the number grows every year. Guns are one of the main tools that have shaped the world we have today.

Old 02-28-2015, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Do you suppose the moral collapse of the majority of the population might have something to do with all of the violence?
Any society that approves of killing unborn children isn't going to give a damn about total strangers being murdered.
There is no moral collapse in society, violent crime is at all time lows not seen for decades. The flaw in your argument is that those who do not oppose abortion do not see the unborn child as an actual child, which is a critical point as a stranger is considered a person, while an unborn is not. By the way, abortions have been going on for hundreds of years, it is not a new concept.

Old 02-28-2015, 08:40 PM

Quote:

I guess you could not respond to the poster's comment about your cartoon you posted? You and the creator of that cartoon have a poor understanding of history.

Old 03-01-2015, 06:38 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Here is another article: “Back to wild, wild West,” Kansas lawmaker disagrees with new gun control bill | KFOR.com My biggest issue is actually "concealed". Why not open carry? KS politicians are so dedicated to big business that they can't see straight and this issue is just another example.

So, will businesses and cities be able to further restrict concealed carry without a permit within their boundaries?

Being a long time resident of Kansas, I can see the potential here and it isn't good. Much, if not most, of the crime is related to illegal drugs and yet, the state refuses to touch that but that is where it needs to start. Illegal immigrants yet another major issue and the state also refuses to address that and have way before Obama made it politically incorrect.

Protecting rights? I really don't think that Kansas politicians give a darn about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
View detailed profiles of: