Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2020, 08:54 PM

1 posts, read 3,497 times

Advertisements

Victoria Falls Andover is defrauding KAncare by billing for Extra CAre for Ida Lang. She has a wound on the back of her leg that they do not facilitate care for. It has been infected and has caused hospitalization twice. Ida has been taken out of the facility for medical appointments without being provided a mask. This happened at the height of COVID infection within the last two months.*

She has fallen three times in the facility and no one was able to help her off the floor so she lay there until the fire department lifted her up. Her last time falling; she was rushed to the ER. Once there they discovered she had a fever caused by MRSA. Had she not have fell- she would have died in Victoria Falls Andover.
The neglect is intentional because the nursing staff knows what should happen, but the LVN on duty and lead LVN won't facilitate care. She has been rushed to the hospital again with a fever on 10/2/2020. Please investigate this institution before they kill her. She was just released from a Rehabilitation Center and stabilized three weeks ago.**

I have filed APS reports and Fraud reports with KAnCARE also contacted the Ombudsman. I don't want her to die.

They are deliberately trying to kill my mother. Please help!!
Willie LAng Jr.*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2020, 08:04 AM

922 posts, read 790,574 times
Do you have Durable Power of Attorney? Is her primary care doctor aware of what's going on?

Old 10-03-2020, 10:04 AM

374 posts, read 562,133 times
POC:

Adult Abuse – Nursing Homes – (800) 842-0078 8 am-4 pm, M-F
Report to the Kansas Dept. for Aging & Disability Services adult abuse, neglect and exploitation occurring in nursing homes or assisted residential care facilities.

So sorry about the situation your mother is in.

AFAIK, Victoria Falls was founded by Andover family physician Dr. Stephen Lemons, Andover Medical Clinic, 308 E Central Ave, Andover, KS 67002

My parents were patients of Dr. Lemons. In retrospect, I'm skeptical of the treatment they received for many years. Have also heard many horror stories of Victoria Falls' victims.

I see their website Welcome to Victoria Falls Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation does NOT list the names of any staff member, nor info about its founder (Dr. Lemons). He had a # of safari photos on the walls of his office, when I took my mother there in 2010. Lemons has practiced in Andover for 38 years, including the tornado in 1991. That's brought him a lot of patient loyalty; but I have heard "rumors" of patient dissatisfaction.

Current info @ Kansas Covid clusters does not list Victoria Falls

https://www.coronavirus.kdheks.gov/1...D-19-in-Kansas

Old 10-03-2020, 07:04 PM

1,378 posts, read 411,296 times
Abuse, Neglect or Exploitation
To report abuse, neglect or exploitation occurring in an adult care facility, medical care facility or home health agency:

Kansas Department of Aging and Disability Services
800-842-0078*
Fax Number: 785-296-0256
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday - 8 am to 5 pm

*Complaints about registered operators should also be reported to this hotline.
---------------
As for the KANcare fraud this is all I can find:
https://www.kdheks.gov/hcf/medicaid_...rity/index.htm

Old 10-03-2020, 07:06 PM

1,378 posts, read 411,296 times
If she's in that much danger I would call local law inforcement.

Old 10-04-2020, 01:28 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Calling KDHE may also help: https://www.kdheks.gov/contact.html As someone who has had to deal with KanCare and KDADS, they are horrible! APS is overloaded, but fairly good IF you can get their attention.

KDADS "hot line" numbers: https://www.kdads.ks.gov/hotlines

You have to make contact with every living soul you can come up with. Also, try your state senator and representatives office. If you aren't sure who they are, you can either check on line or call your county offices as they usually have the info.

I have seen the reports of inspections on such places, and they aren't good. Kansas is not the place to grow old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
View detailed profiles of: