Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2020, 07:58 PM

537 posts, read 439,358 times

Advertisements

I know USD 266 Maize had decided to close school and move "remote." Remote school just isn't the same. I won't get on a soapbox. Have any other school districts decided to close school recently?

Old 11-10-2020, 10:31 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,035,282 times
Apparently we are in a hot zone, but authorities made a decision to sit cool and stay tight. You all right having your kids get that Corona virus?

Old 11-11-2020, 07:55 PM

537 posts, read 439,358 times
I am more concerned about the mental health of my children and family as a result of all these quarantines than I am any of us getting deathly ill from Covid-19.

Old 11-12-2020, 12:18 PM

26,379 posts, read 46,272,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by widespreadfan View Post
I am more concerned about the mental health of my children and family as a result of all these quarantines than I am any of us getting deathly ill from Covid-19.
Guess what, reality and facts say the schools are doing the right thing currently as the new case rate is at record levels, and things are deteriorating. It's just a matter of fact that we are still in a global pandemic and the vaccine scenario is still in the distance.

https://1350kman.com/ap-coronavirus-...tinue-to-rise/
https://www.sunherald.com/news/busin...246974832.html

Old 11-12-2020, 12:45 PM

25,658 posts, read 21,819,785 times
I noticed in KS, areas that passed mask mandates started to skyrocket, and some have more supposed cases than ever after these mandates. Add the flu vaccines, influenza, seasonal allergies and COVID 19 having very similar, if not identical symptoms plus COVID 19 tests having an accuracy rate of about 30%.

I encourage everyone to pound their elected officials with email and/or phone calls to let them know what you, as a resident of Kansas, want.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/10/29...to-stop-covid/

https://pdmj.org/ Maybe kids are better off not at school if it means wearing masks.

Hey, it's science!

Old 11-13-2020, 10:22 AM

4,873 posts, read 2,971,356 times
I was pulled over for speeding 6 weeks ago in your state, by a county sheriff who was NOT wearing a mask; neither was his supervisor who let me go w/only a verbal warning.
I love your state, and the people residing within it.
But please, wear a mask when in high risk situations.
Our governor is about to issue another stay at home order here in Illinois, costing more millions in economic hardships.
All of these closing could have been avoided, had we just bothered to wear those pesky masks/muzzles I hate.

Old 11-15-2020, 09:55 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,644,168 times
Opening schools while the COVID spread still surges is completely irrational and renders all other measures taken to mitigate the spread pointless. Open the schools and they are infested within days. Every kid has COVID or is a carrier, and every household with kids soon follows. COVID is everywhere and everyone has it or at least is exposed. Masks quickly become pointless, as do any and all restrictions on indoor dining, movie theaters, etc., etc., etc. Everyone will have it and we'll have a genuine "survival of the fittest" study on our hands.

Added to that, public schools have not served a positive purpose in our society for going on two generations. Board them up and leave them that way until they can be put to a much better use than greenhouses for growing the army of the radical left. The output of the public schools led directly to the chaos and destruction we have recently seen in Portland, Seattle, Minneapolis, and many other major cities. All those kids have been taught is how and why to destroy America.

I've been saying it since my kids were in school 35 years ago, but now it is an urgent imperative. Board them up. First to save our country, second to minimize the spread of COVID.

Old 11-15-2020, 06:16 PM

25,658 posts, read 21,819,785 times
For what is going on in KS as far as the increase in cases, this article shares the very possible reason there are so many positive cases: https://sentinelksmo.org/kdhe-shows-...hegfWdDI6mf7f0

"KDHE says the cycle threshold on its most commonly used test is 42 and many private labs have thresholds set far above 35 — including Quest Diagnostics at 40 and LabCorp at 38."

“Tests with thresholds so high may detect not just live virus but also genetic fragments, leftovers from infection that pose no particular risk,” Mina said. “Akin to finding a hair in a room long after a person has left.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
View detailed profiles of: