Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 10:35 AM

2 posts, read 14,225 times

Advertisements

Moving back to Beloit from Seattle. Having major difficulty finding a rental house in Beloit. Want to leave Seattle on 1 September, but without a house, I can't leave here. Can anyone help?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 11:53 AM

3 posts, read 18,677 times
have you contacted any of the real estate companies in town? there's always places for rent because of the local vo-tech. good luck!

Old 07-25-2008, 12:02 PM

2 posts, read 14,225 times
Chelly, thanks much for your input. I have checked with most all of the Realtors in Beloit area. There seem to be ample homes for sale, but none, as yet, to rent. With the way things are going today, I want to rent/lease but not buy.

Old 07-25-2008, 12:24 PM

3 posts, read 18,677 times
that's totally understandable. i grew up in beloit. from what i remember, the houses that were for rent would be owned by individuals being landlords as a source of extra income. i would guess this was done by word of mouth (or fliers?), but you might be able to phone in to the beloit daily call and see if anyone has posted an advertisement recently. if you are coming back to beloit because of a job, maybe ask your employer if they know of anything. it's a sweet small town, but obviously not up-to-date with the world of the web yet. good luck (again!).

Old 07-29-2008, 04:54 AM

83 posts, read 327,553 times
You can get the "Waconda Trader" online, they have listings and also have links to newspapers you can get online for the area. Beloit seems like a really nice place.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:16 PM

10 posts, read 62,135 times
Oh Goodness, leaving Seattle. Why-well other than the fact it's a weee bit expensive, but beautiful......KS of all places? Goodness, did you check out Yakima Wa? It is pretty over there.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:54 PM

83 posts, read 327,553 times
There are a lot of little towns around there too maybe you could find a house to rent. Seems like I seen some apartments there too. Here is the link to the Waconda trader and some other stuff there. I would take Kansas any day over Washington! This is a great place to live. I have lived all over the place, but Kansas, is the best!
Waconda and Plains Trader Online

Old 08-12-2008, 08:52 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,758,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelly View Post
that's totally understandable. i grew up in beloit. from what i remember, the houses that were for rent would be owned by individuals being landlords as a source of extra income. i would guess this was done by word of mouth (or fliers?), but you might be able to phone in to the beloit daily call and see if anyone has posted an advertisement recently. if you are coming back to beloit because of a job, maybe ask your employer if they know of anything. it's a sweet small town, but obviously not up-to-date with the world of the web yet. good luck (again!).
Beloit is like stepping into the 18th century. No internet, a Jr-Sr High school and everything there is like word of mouth. Everybody knows everybody else and they don't talk much to stranger folks. Not that they are unfriendly- just kind of shy. But there are "town families" there that kind of run things and know what the buzz is. Call one of the funeral homes and ask them if they know what you want to know. If anything happens in Beloit- even a traffic ticket- they will know about it!

Old 02-16-2009, 09:20 PM

2 posts, read 10,636 times
put an ad in the local daily call... that is the new paper you will have problem find a house that way
(785) 738-3537.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:28 PM

5 posts, read 20,766 times
Default no internet?

KEvK what are you talking about no internet. Beloit along with every small Kansas town and most rural areas all have internet usually high speed. I know I live about three miles from a town of 150 and have had internet for years. NCKCN internet services is headquartered in Beloit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
View detailed profiles of: