Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 03:36 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,050,001 times

Advertisements

I worked in Lenexa, KS. . . we had several gay employees and all were accepted and treated very well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2015, 02:25 AM

107 posts, read 89,428 times
Why? is your sexuality special? Do you announce that when you walk into a room? Just curious.

Old 12-31-2015, 01:36 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,455,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksphins View Post
Why? is your sexuality special? Do you announce that when you walk into a room? Just curious.
In a society where, not that long ago, gay males were beaten to death and no one batted an eye, and where, only 6 months ago we all had nationwide marriage equality, it's important to be somewhere you will be able to be comfortable and not feel you have to hide yourself. Being part of a majority group, you take lots of things for granted.

Old 12-31-2015, 04:05 PM

107 posts, read 89,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
In a society where, not that long ago, gay males were beaten to death and no one batted an eye, and where, only 6 months ago we all had nationwide marriage equality, it's important to be somewhere you will be able to be comfortable and not feel you have to hide yourself. Being part of a majority group, you take lots of things for granted.
Get over it, nobody really gives a rip what your sexual preferences are unless you ram it on people.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:15 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,455,143 times
Quote:
Get over it, nobody really gives a rip what your sexual preferences are unless you ram it on people.
Sigh. You still don't get it. No one's talking about "ramming it on people," simply being able to not feel like an outcast. Your attitude is homophobic, regardless of whether you see it like that. I am not someone who "pushes the gay" on anyone. I am not even flamboyant. You wouldn't even guess I am gay if you met me for a bit. But I don't hide it or try to deny it, either. I have 3 gay pride flags in my house, one of a typical rainbow, one of a rainbow US flag, and one of a rainbow Texas flag. I don't "push" anything, nor do I live in a closet to appease a prejudiced majority.

There is nothing in this thread that says the OP is looking to push anything, he just wants to feel comfortable being himself without arrogant Modcut like you making him feel like a freak.

Last edited by GraniteStater; 01-06-2016 at 08:02 PM..

Old 01-06-2016, 01:32 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,221,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Sigh. You still don't get it. No one's talking about "ramming it on people," simply being able to not feel like an outcast. Your attitude is homophobic, regardless of whether you see it like that. I am not someone who "pushes the gay" on anyone. I am not even flamboyant. You wouldn't even guess I am gay if you met me for a bit. But I don't hide it or try to deny it, either. I have 3 gay pride flags in my house, one of a typical rainbow, one of a rainbow US flag, and one of a rainbow Texas flag. I don't "push" anything, nor do I live in a closet to appease a prejudiced majority.

There is nothing in this thread that says the OP is looking to push anything, he just wants to feel comfortable being himself without arrogant a-holes like you making him feel like a freak.
Exactly. Gay people don't want to live somewhere where they have to lie to coworkers about having a partner in fear of getting fired. I suspect that the poster above would fine me mentioning that my partner and kids went skiing last weekend to be "ramming it down his throat".

Old 01-06-2016, 01:34 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,208,754 times
Good to know people are happy in Kansas, it is too cold for me.

Old 01-06-2016, 05:51 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,255,572 times
Quote:
This attitude is the reason people still have to ask the question about acceptance in different locations. One day..... (I can dream right)

Old 01-07-2016, 07:46 AM

5 posts, read 4,475 times
Kansas is pretty much gay friendly, you are welcome here

Old 01-07-2016, 11:00 AM

78,363 posts, read 60,556,941 times
Wow, when did we stop doing "phrasing" around here?

#archer

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas