Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would You Move Out of Kansas?
Yes 81 60.00%
No 29 21.48%
Maybe 25 18.52%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 08:06 AM

592 posts, read 2,134,082 times

Advertisements

Moved away from native KS to just across the River in St. Joseph in 2002...worst mistake I've ever made. It was like a whole other world full of disgruntled and angry, bitter people.

Moved to Knoxville last year, and love it so far.

We hope to get back to KS in the future. That is the goal anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 09:43 AM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb62676 View Post
Moved away from native KS to just across the River in St. Joseph in 2002...worst mistake I've ever made. It was like a whole other world full of disgruntled and angry, bitter people.

Moved to Knoxville last year, and love it so far.

We hope to get back to KS in the future. That is the goal anyway.
If you must move back I like eastern KS the best. However, it has positives and negatives. It has a solid job market, good schools, and very fast population growth. I lived near the KC metro for over 20 years, but it has just gotten to crowded for me. The urbanization of suburbia and the constant construction and traffic was also impacting my quality of life.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:27 AM

592 posts, read 2,134,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
If you must move back I like eastern KS the best. However, it has positives and negatives. It has a solid job market, good schools, and very fast population growth. I lived near the KC metro for over 20 years, but it has just gotten to crowded for me. The urbanization of suburbia and the constant construction and traffic was also impacting my quality of life.

I lived in Eastern KS for about 27 years of my 32 thus far. Hoping to get back there.

Northeast, specifically. Ideally near Manhattan or Lawrence...but probably Manhattan.

Just hope they still need docs when I'm ready.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:30 AM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb62676 View Post
I lived in Eastern KS for about 27 years of my 32 thus far. Hoping to get back there.

Northeast, specifically. Ideally near Manhattan or Lawrence...but probably Manhattan.

Just hope they still need docs when I'm ready.
I wish you the best of luck in terms of moving back. Lawrence and Manhattan both have good points to offer.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:07 PM

105 posts, read 438,061 times
I love here in Kansas. Moved away back in the 60's, moved back, moved away again. Gone for almost 21 years, and moved back in "86". Have not regretted it since. I live in a rural area, only an hour from larger cities, it is peaceful, quiet, and my grandkids are here. Kansas has so many different areas to see, rolling hills, river valleys, flat lands, sand area. All I can say is I love it.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:04 PM

129 posts, read 444,576 times
I love to watch the deer on a cold morning. Frost on their backs shines in the rising sun making them look wet. An animal that always seems to know what to do they bask in the sun as long as they dare after a night long forage in the wheat fields.
And to think in the early 60's there were very few deer in Kansas. If someone saw one, the news would make the newspaper.
A land that in many case is seemingly void of all life is in reality teaming with wildlife.
Love it, miss it, and gotta return soon.

Old 11-04-2008, 04:23 PM

372 posts, read 808,444 times
I am actually looking at possibly moving to Kansas. I am doing some research now on if I think it would be a good place for me to move to. I am thinking of trying going to work at one of the military bases in the area. I was thinking of Manhattan area. This thread has given me a lot to read, and I am looking forward to more input.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:47 PM

105 posts, read 438,061 times
Manhattan area is one of the pretty area's in the state. We have at least every late fall have one or two deers come into the yard. I am in no hurry to move away from Kansas is all I can say.

Old 12-24-2008, 03:49 PM

16 posts, read 80,777 times
I would move out of Kansas (again) if I could go back to SunValley, ID., Lake of the Ozarks,MO., or the mountains of SE Oklahoma. If I go anywhere it will probably back to ElDorado, KS- I miss the friendly people, my boating & RV'ing friends, and NO crazy traffic/drivers I would leave immediately ONLY for another camphost job.

Old 12-26-2008, 10:00 AM

5 posts, read 19,590 times
One of the reasons that we have our young people moving away is that we educate them well and give them a good work ethic so that they don't have problems finding higher paid jobs in larger areas. Unfortunately there are not enough engineering jobs in the agricultural industry. We also tell them to dream and do what they want. Many of our youth leave but some of them come back when they are ready to raise their families because they recognize the value of low crime and good schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas