Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 06:54 AM

396 posts, read 664,581 times

Advertisements

What about renting houses in a small town near Hutchinson? I've been looking at Haven. What are rents in small towns compared to the city?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 01:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,216 times
NEED HELP -PLEASE!!!!!MOVING TO HUTCHISON KANSAS..........LOOKING TO RENT TO OWN A HOUSE 2-3BEDROOM;;;;IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME WITH ANY INFORMATION PLEASE SEND TO MY EMAIL [email]mcdole6@yahoo.com[/email]---------NEED FOR THE FIRST OF YEAR..THANKS ALOT

Old 03-08-2016, 12:12 PM

1 posts, read 764 times
i am interested in renting a home. if you could give me his phone number i would appreciate it

Old 03-16-2016, 08:34 AM
HDM

41 posts, read 111,219 times
In what price range are people looking to rent? Or rent to own?

I am not a landlord but I have a house in Hutchinson that is currently for sale that I wouldn't mind renting for the right people and at the right price. Better than it sitting empty.

If anyone is interested, shoot me at e-mail at hdm25 at aol.com and I can share some information

Old 03-19-2016, 10:27 PM

473 posts, read 501,693 times
Area used to trash some people, never sure why. It usually meant you pissed off someone from work by being assertive -- people who just shut up and work did best in Hutchinson. Just follow orders and don't think. Could be really troublesome like ruined carpets. Some old folks just left the pull cords on lights as these were hard to destroy....Still see this in some of the old houses in downtown area with occupants that used to work at the salt time...Light switches on walls can cause a lot of problems -- easily blown light bulbs and lights turning off and on without reason. (Cheap lightbulbs recommended if you have problems. Throw breakers sometimes...No way to even fix just replace fixture or switch as stuff quits.)

Would not move with many belongings....just buy things as you find good deal if place meets expectations. May not want to share walls like apartment housing, may find too many crazy kids next door to even function. Sadly, some places in small towns are screwing out the adults by renting to a nutty 20-year-old...Found out scam is so good, some of the landlords could not even do eviction on some of these situations and sold buildings at a loss. Rent detached place or duplex, ask to talk to neighbor first. Good to find places that are month-to-month.

Some of the streets around Cosmosphere on way to downtown flood, ask neighbors before you rent.

If female, can be VERY advisable to use a secondary lock only unlockable from inside. I like these:

http://www.amazon.com/Calslock-Porta...oor+lock+hotel

No need to mount on wall or make any changes to apartment.

Area is fine enough but crazy people stuff makes the second locks you can only unlock from inside VERY desirable.

----------------
Haven is nice area. Has lots of nice amenities for small town place like gym for residents.

Buhler is really nice area too.

Whole area has very reasonable rent and home prices as salt mine closure, except for storage facility caused a lot of unemployment. Some businesses building turbines for wind farm and other manufacturing that moved in since did help but Hutch had rotted and fallen apart by then...

Last edited by cattalk1; 03-19-2016 at 10:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
View detailed profiles of: