U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2006, 06:13 PM

3 posts, read 14,346 times

Advertisements

I'll be moving to the Winfield area in July and would like to know about the housing market and good places to live and places not to live. Any help would be awesome!!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2006, 05:55 PM

5 posts, read 24,763 times
Default Moving to Winfield or Arkansas City in July

We live in Lawrence,Ks

Both are great towns and close to Wichita. Kansas is a bit expensive
to live in. Just be sure to cheer for the correct team and that
would be the JAYHAWKS!!

Lorie Foltz

Old 06-26-2006, 08:42 PM

2 posts, read 10,935 times
Default Ark City, Winfield

I am moving there as well late summer and have done a bunch of studying on both towns. Are you part of the rubbermaid move?

Old 06-26-2006, 10:08 PM

Default Rubbermaid move??

Ok..That confused me a bit

My Husband worked for Hercules making bombs after defense cuts he went to
Farmland which has now gone bankrupt. My Husband is from here and I moved here because of my Brother. We are moving because he can't find the type of work he has always done.

Besides taxes and a few other things Kansas is really a great place to live.
Winfield has one of the biggest music festivals every year. Just stay clear
of wildcats (Manhatten) Friends don't let friends go to K-State

Lorie Foltz
Lawrence, Ks.
Home of the mighty mighty Jayhawks!!

Old 07-08-2006, 07:24 AM

7 posts, read 39,007 times
Both towns are okay, if you want to live in town. I would like to suggest that anyone, Rubbermaid people or anyone else planning on making a move to this area check out our little town of Burden. We are only 16 miles from Winfield and have a lot of Calmar and Rubbermaid people living here and also Southwestern College people. Why? Low to none existant crime, great schools, friendly people (like myself) and more house for your money. Please check us out at http://skyways.lib.ks.us/towns/Burden/ Yes I am on the Burden Area Chamber of Commerce and love my little town and all of our farming community. Oh and by the way I am a K-State fan.
Beej

Old 07-08-2006, 07:40 AM

You * MUST* understand that people in Kansas take they're sports very
seriously !! Sometimes college basketball is the only thing a girl has to hold on to

Old 07-08-2006, 12:29 PM

Smile Beej

Oh my gosh you are so right. All my in-laws are K-state alumni so have to go along or face a lynching. Personally I aim to cheer for my own alumni Baylor in Waco or Texas A&M. But I do know what you mean about college sports. A girls best friend.

Old 07-08-2006, 04:50 PM

3 posts, read 14,346 times
Well, I'm not apart of the Centerville Rubbermaid move but I am coming to work for Rubbermaid in about 2 weeks. I'm wrapping up a 6 year tour in the Navy in Norfolk, VA and can't wait to get to KS!! I'll be there the end of this week. When I was checking out the area a few months ago I was shocked that nobody serves sweet tea. How is the Ark City area?

Old 07-09-2006, 06:37 AM

you just didn't eat at the right place Kevin, I make a brew of fresh sweet tea every morning and most time have to make more for the supper crowd.
Ark City is bigger than Winfield, has more fast foods than Winfield and more crime. Housing is higher in ArkCIty because it is bigger and they know they can get it. More bang for your buck in one of the smaller areas, but I love country living so I am a little one sided, I also don't like all the noise and smells of the bigger towns. If you hear a siren out here you had best take notice, cause it just isn't something you hear daily. If you like to get to know your neighbors and having people address you by your name when they see you Winfield nor Ark City is the place to live. If there is anything I can help you find, please let me know and I will do my best to help, even in Winfield and Ark City.

Old 08-15-2006, 07:07 AM

2 posts, read 7,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beej
you just didn't eat at the right place Kevin, I make a brew of fresh sweet tea every morning and most time have to make more for the supper crowd.
Ark City is bigger than Winfield, has more fast foods than Winfield and more crime. Housing is higher in ArkCIty because it is bigger and they know they can get it. More bang for your buck in one of the smaller areas, but I love country living so I am a little one sided, I also don't like all the noise and smells of the bigger towns. If you hear a siren out here you had best take notice, cause it just isn't something you hear daily. If you like to get to know your neighbors and having people address you by your name when they see you Winfield nor Ark City is the place to live. If there is anything I can help you find, please let me know and I will do my best to help, even in Winfield and Ark City.

Hey Beej, i have to disagree with you. Ark city and winfield are about the same size, same amount of crime, they have about the same amount of fast food places but winfield has better family type resturants. The houseing in Ark city is much less than in winfield as winfield is closer to wichita. I work at rubbermaid in winfield (19 years )if anyone has questions about them.

Mike
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas