Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 02:09 PM

396 posts, read 991,033 times

Advertisements

Talbet you seem to play this racist card quite a bit. What's the deal? I realize that there is still racism in this world and I hate it too, but just because someone doesn't hold the same opinion as you doesn't make them racist. I think that card gets played way too much.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:15 PM

61 posts, read 269,307 times
[LEFT]"When the government puts its imprimatur on a particular religion it conveys a message of exclusion to all those who do not adhere to the favored beliefs. A government cannot be premised on the belief that all persons are created equal when it asserts that God prefers some." Supreme Court Justice Harry A. Blackmun. [/LEFT]

Old 06-02-2009, 02:17 PM

God loves us all equally, my God doesn't have favorites that is why he sent his son to die, for me, you and every one else

Old 06-02-2009, 02:50 PM

23,653 posts, read 17,411,866 times
If you don't want to have an abortion then don't get one. How about don't have sex until you want a baby and can support it. No, people are too selfish to do that one but end up doing the other because they don't want the responsibility. Seems selfish all around. Most of our society is selfish now and we still want a secular society where everyone makes up their own moral law to fit what they want. We condemn the shooter but he just took it to it's conclusion. Sad all around.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:54 PM

271 posts, read 249,730 times
My God does not exist, He also does not play favorites because there is not God. The story of God was created out of necessity of men who did not understand the world around them. So no one died on a tree for me or anyone else. But if someone's comfort zone is to believe in that sort of thing I will not try to make them not believe it. But I think you all the same to not try to make me believe that there is some man in the sky that want me to kneel by the bed and beg for forgiveness because some woman gave an apple because a talking snake told her to. My problem is not that some believe in Christian religions, I really do not care. My problem is that Islam or Christianity tries to force others to follow what they think is truth. It is not enough for them to sit in church with fellow believers and tell each other they are correct in their ways, they want to change laws so others will have to follow their belief system. Homosexuals are an abomination to God, Abortion is an abomination to God. I have known many of these religious right nut jobs, and they even have book burnings and record burnings. I worked with a man named Blackburn in Florida who would show me photos of fires with Rock and Roll records burning, and he would pick out what he felt were faces in the fire telling me these are demons forced out of the records. This type of Christianity is akin to the Salam Witch trials. It is unreasoning men and women who run on emotion instead of fact. Then all it takes is a Bill O'Rilley or Pastor Hagee to throw a match on the tinder and watch the fire start. You have a right wing who are gun nuts already and you have people like Hannity and Limbaugh saying how Obama is destroying this country, how long before some nut job like the idiot who shot Tiller tries to shoot Obama? All ginned up by the hate filled people on the right. Some here I would bet would even secretly be happy if that happened. Many Christians light the fire than hide behind the 1st amendment.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:02 PM

I wasn't trying to force you to believe anything just thought I'd let you know that even if you don't care he still does.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:48 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,125,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
In fact they have regular book burnings in Johnson County!
I've lived in Johnson County most of my life and have never seen or heard of a book burning here.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:50 PM

23,653 posts, read 17,411,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by talbet View Post
My God does not exist, He also does not play favorites because there is not God. The story of God was created out of necessity of men who did not understand the world around them. So no one died on a tree for me or anyone else. But if someone's comfort zone is to believe in that sort of thing I will not try to make them not believe it. But I think you all the same to not try to make me believe that there is some man in the sky that want me to kneel by the bed and beg for forgiveness because some woman gave an apple because a talking snake told her to. My problem is not that some believe in Christian religions, I really do not care. My problem is that Islam or Christianity tries to force others to follow what they think is truth. It is not enough for them to sit in church with fellow believers and tell each other they are correct in their ways, they want to change laws so others will have to follow their belief system. Homosexuals are an abomination to God, Abortion is an abomination to God. I have known many of these religious right nut jobs, and they even have book burnings and record burnings. I worked with a man named Blackburn in Florida who would show me photos of fires with Rock and Roll records burning, and he would pick out what he felt were faces in the fire telling me these are demons forced out of the records. This type of Christianity is akin to the Salam Witch trials. It is unreasoning men and women who run on emotion instead of fact. Then all it takes is a Bill O'Rilley or Pastor Hagee to throw a match on the tinder and watch the fire start. You have a right wing who are gun nuts already and you have people like Hannity and Limbaugh saying how Obama is destroying this country, how long before some nut job like the idiot who shot Tiller tries to shoot Obama? All ginned up by the hate filled people on the right. Some here I would bet would even secretly be happy if that happened. Many Christians light the fire than hide behind the 1st amendment.

I guess you have never heard the hate on the left web sites. Substitute Bush for Obama and the left wing mods in your post and it would read the same. Do people have the right of free speech ? Yes. Do loonies need to act out? No. Should we allow loonies to ruin free speech? NO.

Old 06-02-2009, 06:01 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,125,165 times
It's not a "Kansas" thing. It happened in Kansas because TILLER was in Kansas. If he had been performing late term abortions in California and had been killed, would you be asking what's wrong with California?

The family of the gunman have stated that he has a history of of mental health issues. His ex wife says that they divorced because of his extreme beliefs/behaviors. He does not represent Kansas, nor does he represents Christians. He is someone who is obviously disturbed.

And while I don't believe he should have been murdered, I'm probably about as bothered about his death as he was about the deaths of the babies he aborted. Just sayin'...

Old 06-02-2009, 06:08 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,119,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Well when something is happening in your own backyard is it hard to turn a blind eye. I guess you want us to be like the German people whose death camps were next door and turned a blind eye. I don't think it will ever happen again. At least we can all hope not, but you never know about humans. Some are quite comfortable just as long as it does not interfere with seeing their favorite TV shows.
I'm not sure how you got that I was saying that we should turn a blind eye to the things happening in our backyards. I can't determine if you're equating the abortions happening everywhere with the death camps or not. I meant to imply that the outrage at pro-lifers for inciting (albeit not directly) the murder of an abortion doctor would be more logical and rational than becoming outraged at a single Muslim killing an Army recruiter, as a response to a former poster. I do however, agree that most Americans wear blinders out of choice. It's easier to ignore a problem than to address it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas