Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Kauai
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 12:16 PM

22 posts, read 31,146 times

Advertisements

Thank you so much for returning to update your story! It's inspiring and motivating to us who are considering the big move! Congrat to sticking to your plan& doing so well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2015, 12:59 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,926,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnoodle500 View Post
Thank you so much for returning to update your story! It's inspiring and motivating to us who are considering the big move! Congrat to sticking to your plan& doing so well!
Just a heads up - the update is over 3 years old.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:43 PM

22 posts, read 31,146 times
Thanks for the obvious whtviper1...

From what I read in archives, Sweetbeat moved back around 2008, so I'm just thankful for her 5year update. It's openness from people like her that helps others when planning

Old 03-07-2015, 01:24 AM

6 posts, read 7,364 times
Default @sweetbeat

This is my first post I am glad to see your update, are you are still there? It is hard to tell with some posters, they either "don't last" or stop posting because they are busy enjoying the life! I have been reading up on this site non-stop for several months now and remember coming across some of your older posts in my quest for information. Thank you for sharing your story and all of the valuable info from your move. My husband and I are planning to move to Kauai next summer (still a year away) with 2 of our 3 daughters (oldest going to college, may end up in Oahu). My daughters will be entering middle school and high school so I have been reading up a lot re: schools. My husband is hoping to get on as a police officer, he is a Lieutenant now, and realizes he will be starting from the bottom- small price to pay to live in paradise. I am still contemplating my work moves, currently work for the state court as a Judicial assistant, but not sure I am going to try and get on with the local courthouse in Kauai. Can't wait to move.

Old 03-07-2015, 02:23 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,926,328 times
Sweetbeat has not posted on City Data in 2 1/2 years.

Old 03-07-2015, 10:39 AM

Default @whtviper1

Thanks for pointing that out I guess that's what I get for reading and posting at 1am! Maybe I will try posting a new thread on the subject.

Old 03-08-2015, 01:24 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,048,811 times
Sometimes it's hard to remember to notice the posting date and sometimes there's new data for an old post so some of them last a really long time.

Posting a new thread is always a good way to get information specifically on your questions if you can't find the data anywhere else.

Old 03-08-2015, 09:02 PM

@hotzcatz....Thanks for your patience! I'm catching on!

Old 03-15-2015, 03:15 PM

268 posts, read 383,800 times
After a few minutes of internet research using the information sweetbeat posted it appears her legal business is still open, and in fact added another attorney to her practice in 2012. Maybe SanDiegoKauai from post 9? Likely she's just very busy with owning/operating a business and with family.

It's nice to live vicariously through the posts of those who have made the move (would be nicer to be living the move, but I'm not there yet).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Kauai