Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Kauai
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 06:25 AM

4,214 posts, read 4,740,409 times

Advertisements

Thank you to those who made suggestions on places to eat in my other thread.

I just returned from my trip to Kauai a few days ago.

My only regret...

I split my time between Kauai and Oahu (my brother lives in Oahu). He was going to meet me in Kauai but couldn't so I decided that was fine and I would just meet him in Oahu for the second half of my trip. This was my first time in Kauai but 3rd time in Oahu.

MAN.....

Had my accommodations in Oahu been refundable, I wouldn't have seen my brother this trip. I just would've cancelled the Oahu room and extended my Kauai stay. It was just that beautiful. I guess it wasn't until I got to Kauai that I realized just how much I needed a relaxing and peaceful, just scenic and laid back type of vacation. And Kauai really did that for me. I was impressed. My heart started sinking the day before I had to leave.

Anyways, I had gotten a GoPro a couple of days before leaving and figured out how to use it on the fly while there. Upon returning I made a video using a fraction of the 450+ clips I had from the trip over the last 2 days. Here it is:

https://youtu.be/p5nTCCd9JSM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2017, 01:51 PM

11,050 posts, read 24,022,266 times
Looks like the halalau were running in Hanalei Bay. Those were the fish they were catching on poles without any gear other than a line and a hook. Really tasty fish.

Lovely video! The underwater shots were fun.

Old 07-16-2017, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
Looks like the halalau were running in Hanalei Bay. Those were the fish they were catching on poles without any gear other than a line and a hook. Really tasty fish.

Lovely video! The underwater shots were fun.
Thanks for sharing this info!

I was really curious as to what kind of fish they were. So many people were catching them. I hope I can return one day and sample some.

Old 07-16-2017, 06:02 PM

481 posts, read 623,313 times
Great video, Mahalo!

Old 07-16-2017, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauailover View Post
Great video, Mahalo!
Thank you!!

Old 07-16-2017, 07:44 PM

2,481 posts, read 2,234,244 times
My brother lives on Oahu, my Uncle on Kauai..your vid brought back sooo many memories of my first visit to Kauai..got married on Anini Beach second trip to Kauai..
your vid captured all the sights and sounds all the places I had been on my first visit..

My brother flew out with us, second trip for my wedding..landed in Princeville, he got a call from his housekeeper that his cat ate a Gecko and was choking..he flew back to Honolulu..but the cat had bought it..so he flew back to Princeville for the wedding..

We, my brah, his wife, me and my wife flew out of Princeville back to Kauai'i..my brah grabbed a sprouting coconut palm from our uncles place to plant in his yard in Hawaii Kai..about halfway back ..ants started crawling out of the coconut and traversing the plane..thet were all over my brahs face and arms, and he was trying to act non plussed..
Dumb a s s..
Anyway great video..thanks for sharing..GREAT soundtrack..perfect!

I got married in 1987... been back to Oahu/Kauai every year since late 1985..
Again..Mahalo, you made my evening with that video!

Old 07-22-2017, 05:12 AM

144 posts, read 103,059 times
Wow! Really love your video! Thank you for sharing.

Old 07-24-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.magoo View Post
My brother lives on Oahu, my Uncle on Kauai..your vid brought back sooo many memories of my first visit to Kauai..got married on Anini Beach second trip to Kauai..
your vid captured all the sights and sounds all the places I had been on my first visit..

My brother flew out with us, second trip for my wedding..landed in Princeville, he got a call from his housekeeper that his cat ate a Gecko and was choking..he flew back to Honolulu..but the cat had bought it..so he flew back to Princeville for the wedding..

We, my brah, his wife, me and my wife flew out of Princeville back to Kauai'i..my brah grabbed a sprouting coconut palm from our uncles place to plant in his yard in Hawaii Kai..about halfway back ..ants started crawling out of the coconut and traversing the plane..thet were all over my brahs face and arms, and he was trying to act non plussed..
Dumb a s s..
Anyway great video..thanks for sharing..GREAT soundtrack..perfect!

I got married in 1987... been back to Oahu/Kauai every year since late 1985..
Again..Mahalo, you made my evening with that video!

Ah...you recognized Anini Beach....nice!!

I was heading to Ke'e and passed a sign pointing to that beach. I didn't want to miss the sun setting at Ke'e, but I did a u-turn anyway and dropped by and got those few shots. I was heading into my last 24 hours there and boy was I torn on getting back in the car to head toward Ke'e as Anini was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Next time I will definitely spend more time there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComoAmero View Post
Wow! Really love your video! Thank you for sharing.
^Thank you!! I'm glad you enjoyed viewing it

Old 02-11-2018, 03:30 PM

252 posts, read 422,620 times
Mahalo,

like the others here, your video brought back many years of happy times on Kauai.

You all had a remarkable visit......island wide.

Good on ya

Old 02-13-2018, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaidooley View Post
Mahalo,

like the others here, your video brought back many years of happy times on Kauai.

You all had a remarkable visit......island wide.

Good on ya
Glad you enjoyed!

I can't wait to go back!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Kauai