Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2010, 10:55 AM

1,952 posts, read 4,789,944 times

Advertisements

Which is the best campground to put a camper trailer around Kentucky Lake? Please give your reasons - thanks. I'm speaking of year-round.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 04:16 PM

3 posts, read 9,136 times
Default Set on Ken Lake?

Does it have to be on Kentucky Lake, or would you consider Lake Barkley, also?

Prizer Point is amazing, especially if you're the social type. Always busy... two pools (one for kids), busy marina with store, lots of available boat slips, good bathroom facilities, on a peninsula so many spots overlook the water (though permanent spots do not, the water is just a hop skip and jump away)... There's lots of green space for kids or kids of family and friends... also a dog park. They do do permanent spots, and they're all in the same area, making it a very neighborly atmosphere...

Biggest drawback is that they turn off the water in November, and it stays off until (I believe...) April-ish. This is because the campground is closed to non-permanent people during those times, and the pipes are not equipped for winter temperatures. Permanent people who visit their sites during the winter bring water with them. The only permanent people who spend ALL their time at the campground (one couple, as of now), leave for the winter.

It's great if you're looking for a sense of community. I love it.

Hope this helped. Good luck!

Old 06-18-2010, 08:25 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,542,940 times
I saw one the other day just outside of Calvert City, going towards Ky. Dam. Cypress Lakes RV Park (Cypress Lakes RV Park - Kentucky Lake Camping - Calvert City, Kentucky) Was with a friend who lives in the area and he said it's a pretty nice, well kept place. Couldn't tell you much more about it. It's about a mile north of I-24. Hope you find something. This is a nice area around here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky